View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Hi, everyone! 

Post Hi, everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself and express my interest in this exciting new project. My name is Nick and I'm a game design student at the University of Advancing Technology in Arizona, USA. I am excited to see the possibilities that CryEngine2 might bring to an online gaming environment. I am currently spearheading a student game project at my school, and we're also using the CryEngine2 toolset. We almost went with Unreal Engine 3, but once Crytek released the full SDK and extensive public mod support, the choice to stick with CryEngine2 was an easy one. CryEngine2 offers the best next-generation functionality in a package that is extremely user-friendly, which allows a much more accelerated development process. Working with the Flowgraph visual scripting system relieves a lot of tension when programming complicated mechanics, triggers and events. Our game is going to be a first-person sci-fi action/adventure game, with brand new combat elements and a compelling story. We're very excited about the project, and we should have a playable demo ready in time for GDC 2009. With that said, I'd also like to express my interest in alpha/beta testing for this game. How can I get more details on when you guys will begin the testing phase? Please let me know when you have the chance. Thanks a lot, and I can't wait to see this game grow!

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:04 am

Post Re: Hi, everyone!
Amen brother. I'm working with CRYENGINE2 for a short animated type of film or Machinima if you will. I'd also like to one day work on a game idea I had using the toolset and SDK. Welcome to the forums.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]