View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Compiled Information about Forged By Chaos [UPDATED 13/5/10] 
Official FBC fan

Post Compiled Information about Forged By Chaos [UPDATED 13/5/10]
While this probably isn't necessary at the moment, I thought I'd make a thread compiling any extra information about FBC from dev posts in these forums that can't be found on the main site. I'll update this as more information becomes available.

General Game Info

Forged by Chaos is a multiplayer game up to 32 players per session with 3rd person camera 360 degrees. You will control your character as in a usual slasher style game. The game design is oriented for a group tactics and contains different scenario game types - "Siege", "Important Person", "One vs darkness" etc. We will tell you more about the game types during the developing process. The game will use RPG element - character build. Your character will be able to change appearance, battle equipment and weapons depending on his battle experience. We are planning to post more detailed information on the site in "Characters" section as soon as possible. Currently we can announce that for the game we will have 4 playable characters with 4 character classes. The main difference from other fantasy style game projects will be the high level of game element interaction and high game dynamics, that are typical for FPS multiplayer, to make player win not only using his avatar's abilities and statistics but also by individual player's game experience. Minimum interface - maximum interaction. That's why we choose Cryengine 2 to bring our ideas into life.

What about classes?

We will try to make more complex character development than in usual multiplayer games such as BF. You will have 4 races to choose (may be more after the release). Each race can choose a god to worship. The god is a prototype of a game class. Besides you can be a free warrior, without any god. If you count the free warrior as a class we will have 5 classes in total - 4 gods and 1 free class. We will describe the character development system in more details later.

Will there be an offline/LAN option?

The game will be online only.

Character Progress

We have a character progress depending on successfully completed scenarios, death penalty, upgrades, amount of weight points to enter a battle etc.

Collision Detection

It's the one of the main features that we want to realize in our game. The game has lots of close combat fights so if you want to create action game dynamics you have to collide players or another way is to keep their animation in one spot. We thought that it might be much better to move the player in certain kinds of attacks. It will create more dynamic fight and require to move your character much more that in any on-line game. To resolve character intersection while attacks we will create collisions between them. It's will give us some interesting situations like blocking the routes with you teammates to not let the enemy to pass thought. It doesn't work in FPS shooters 'cus you can always shoot the enemy for a distance but it will work for a close distance fights.

Character Customization

We want that the character creation and customization process will be main part of the game. You can choose any type armor you like to wear, additional pouches and bags, jewelry, armor decoration, hairstyles etc. But there is lot of things that i can't customize, like you can't move the position of the chin, or distance between the eyes, constitution of a character etc. We removed that features to preserve the character's personality.

Items/Inventory Weight

The main idea about the Inventory weight will be about total character's weight, not the size of an item's icon (not like in Diablo if you like). I can make an example for you to understand the wight system. Most of the fights will be grouped by total character's inventory weight gap. The weight gap may be vary depends on the scenario\game type and players level. For example you will have 500 weight points to enter the fight. You can customize the character in any way you like - take a full medium dragon armor set (400) with a sword (75) and some potions(5 each) or take one sword (75), kern (150), light bronze armor set (200), and another extra sword (50) and a helm (20) in case if you primary weapon and the helm gets damaged (if you don't have a substitute for a primary weapon, you will have to fight with you bare hands or you will permanently loose the sword).

Are there any videos available of Forged By Chaos?

At this time,there are two official videos available of Forged By Chaos.

Trailer Youtube Standard Definition
Trailer Youtube High Quality
Trailer Vimeo Hight Definition
Trailer DivX 512x288 (47mb)
Trailer DivX 1024x576 (135mb)

Orc Camp Avi
Orc Camp Youtube

Last edited by TheLeprachaun on Thu May 13, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:05 am
Official FBC fan

Post Re: Compiled Information about Forged By Chaos
What about Economy and Clan Systems?

There is no open world to gather resources, no crafting. Auction houses was banned as idea because we don't have any reason to trade between players.
You'll get money from experience gained in custom fights. Fighting with friends is only for fun and clan rankings. The reason we did that is the problem with experience gain exploits. You can choose arena, side, Battle Value gap (exp. i'm a high BV character what to fight against several low BV character) that you wanna fight.
The game has clans with ranking system, clan on demand fights (as i said before clan fights cannot bring you money and exp, only a clan and clan member ratings). Battle value will be the ranking system for players who plays without clans.
Of cause this ideas is only in testing and do not represent what will be in a final version.

Anything else?

We have achievements also.

Are there any extra benefits/items for high ranking clans?

Right now we some special clan items and abilities in plans. They are little different from those that you have in a regular shop. This items can be bought only if your clan rating is high. Clans has always to be in a shape to use items or it become unavailable until they restore their rating.

What game types can we expect in Forged By Chaos?

We already tried some classic game modes and i say that some of them doesn't fit to our gameplay. CTF for example - the main problem was in melee figths. We designed the game mechanic to push players make close combats fights. This causes the problem that every game mode "to carry and runaway" is very booooring in our game. Everyone just run and forget that they need to fight. So we decided that we need to develop our own game modes that will always concentrate people in one spot. It could be anything - an item, a spot on a ground, fort, passage etc.. but it should be only one point of interest.
Btw team deathmatches works well in our game but compared to messanger and seige game modes it's nothing.

Will there be any 'adult' content in Forged By Chaos? Chopped limbs or such?

I'm not sure about cutting enemy into small pieces but we will have a lot of blood for sure.

Will the game be available for download only or will there be a retail boxed version?

It's 'to be decided' for now.

Last edited by TheLeprachaun on Thu May 13, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:26 pm
Official FBC fan

Post Re: Compiled Information about Forged By Chaos
-Reserved for more info-

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:26 pm

Post Re: Compiled Information about Forged By Chaos [UPDATED 19/4/09]
Though this was a while ago, I assume, thanks for compiling all the info for all of us who are constantly hearing about this game and are looking for a convient spot to get everything available. :D

Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:12 pm
Official FBC fan

Thanks enfade. The original post was a while ago,yes,but I updated it a few days ago and will continue to do so as more info becomes available. ;)

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:03 pm

Sweet, sounds good to me!

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Post Re: Compiled Information about Forged By Chaos [UPDATED 19/4
Game looks most intresting definitley one I will follow, really hope you guys can pull it off, I'd also like to see more than just basic rankings and what not in this game as it does seem almost all pvp centered. Tournaments and clans seem like a must 8D

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:54 am

Yeah we have clans and ranks system in our game.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:17 pm
Official FBC fan

Im looking forward for this I might leave wow after this deploys ;)

This is why i like AriOrH

Mon May 10, 2010 1:15 pm
Official FBC fan

/Calls for an update.

Mon May 10, 2010 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next