View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
My personal suggestions. 

Post My personal suggestions.
My suggestions (for what it's worth)

1. Collision Detection - It would be a nice touch to give a more life like feel rather than having some other character running straight through you.

2. Character creation - Though it has been posted on here before, it's very true. Most "mmo's" really seem to limit to what you're able to do to customize your character, another thing that could make this different would be to add more changes as you progress through the game. Example (based on a leveling system we'll say) You're level 1 and you setup how you like it and create and play. a few weeks later you might not like it anymore and decide to never take your helmet off because you now realize your character looks like something you have nightmares about when you sleep at night. Lets say you're now level 10, well you then have the ability to remodel your character into something different, whether it be something mild like a different hair style, maybe add some scars or possible tattoo's? To something major like a face change, possible bigger bulk in your character size, or smaller frame depending on what fits your style best. The possibilities would seem almost endless. I can't say how many times I've made a character, got to end game and decided how much I dislike the way the creation looks that I did or how much they have not changed even though I've been shot by thousands of arrows or slashed by a thousand swords haha. Just ask my wife about this one, she could sit down for hours just making people over and over.

3. User interface - Games lately seem to try to go over the top with their UI's (User interface) The fact is, a simple interface is all you ever need, i don't need sparkles and flames flashing in my eyes when something is ready to use or when I do use it. I also believe it would help on visual lag and other possible bugs from which i have seen in other games (no names mentioned)

3. Inventory - I love the thought of it being based on a weight system and not a limitation of how big of a bag you have and how you can try and manipulate it's shape to fit properly inside the bag to make more room....at that point i feel like I'm playing a bad version of Tetris lol.

4. BIG NUMBERS! - I really enjoy running up to something and hitting it for thousands compared to hundreds. Small number games don't seem to satisfy my thirst for blood when fighting an opposing player or NPC haha.

5. Repetitive motion - I think it would be a great change to have skills or spells have different motions. Example, a caster class, now lets say he just wants to spam a fire spell, lets say "Fireball." It'd be a neat change to see a caster cast his spell by charging it with a closed fist and casting and say the next fireball he slowly brings his arm behind him with an open fist and throws it when ready, some type of combo system or random skill graphic would be nice rather than seeing the same thing 5,000 times per level. The same idea could be implemented with say a melee class or healers and so on.

6. Rag doll - I think rag doll would be a great thing for an mmo to have, I would love to see the body of some one just crumble to the ground unless there was a good looking animation of some one falling to the knees and then flat on their face haha.

7. Player level equalization - It seems like this has not been done all that much in a lot of games that I have seen. The ability to match levels with lower level characters AKA friends. Some times it seems that your friends new or old, main or alt characters can't enjoy grouping up on things together because of the lack of experience or drop rates that hinder then from doing so. The ability to match a level with a player and not receive a cut on something for just helping or goofing around with people would be a nice thing. Of course you would have to take into consideration that a high level character could help rush things on a low level character would seem to unbalance game play, if there were a way for say a level 20 character to match to a level 5 character would be a nice change instead of standing out of a party or scenario and being bored with nothing to do.

8. Gore - Something that seems to lack in mmo's. This games style sure does not look like it's going to be about care bears and rainbows haha. I think it would be nice to see some type of blood rather than a purple splat/haze animation or spark when you hit a character/NPC. Other games with the CryENGINE have had gore effects, why should this one be different? Give us something that makes you different! :D Or at least have it an option!

9. Content - A lot of people seem to get upset over content in games, some people have 15 minutes to play as where some days people want to stay home and play games all day (me included on my days off from work haha) It'd be nice to see something more user friendly to fit those people. I know you guys are still in the process of working a lot of things out, these are just my "personal" suggestions though.

10. PvP - Will this game have it? I hope so! There is nothing more I would like to see than a trophy of some one I have beat in PvP impaled on a spike on my shoulder armor whether it be his head or a skull chained to my characters waist!

11. Sound effects - Sound effects are key to almost any game. Go play almost anything right now with the sound turned off and it'll leave you wanting something more. I love the character styles in this game, dark, evil, chains, skulls, CHAOS! Though other games have those things, how come you never hear it when you're running around? I would love to hear a group of characters running in an area and getting the full effect of that armor in sound, being able to hear chains shaking, plate armor clanking on other pieces, weapons being blocked by shields and it not sounding like a trash cans getting hit by a baseball bat. I want to hear the sound of a group of 32 people charging and not just hear my own foot steps, I want my speakers to shake of my desk! haha

It's all just what I would love to see in games now days. I could keep going on for days but you guys already have a ton on your plate to deal with haha!

Best of luck to you guys! I'm really excited to see what you guys can do.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:49 am
Panzar Studio

Post Re: My personal suggestions.
Wow, there is a lot things to discuss! I will try answering your question in the order you asked them. 8)
Some of the features you said is already in development process, but when you came closer to a gamedev precess you will see that there is battle between "what will look good" and "what will work good". We have to decide the final of the battle each day we make the game.
But first of all will repeat one thing that we said before - the game is not actual mmorpg. You can call it more like Action multiplayer only with strong RPG element. I'm not sure if there any abbreviation for that.

1. It's the one of the main features that we want to realize in our game. The game has lots of close combat fights so if you want to create action game dynamics you have to collide players or another way is to keep their animation in one spot. We thought that it might be much better to move the player in certain kinds of attacks. It will create more dynamic fight and require to move your character much more that in any on-line game. To resolve character intersection while attacks we will create collisions between them. It's will give us some interesting situations like blocking the routes with you teammates to not let the enemy to pass thought. It doesn't work in FPS shooters 'cus you can always shoot the enemy for a distance but it will work for a close distance fights.

2. As i said before we have always to decide witch path is the best - technology and interactivity. We want that the character creation and customization process will be main part of the game. You can choose any type armor you like to wear, additional pouches and bags, jewelry, armor decoration, hairstyles etc. But there is lot of things that i can't customize, like you can't move the position of the chin, or distance between the eyes, constitution of a character etc. We removed that features to preserve the character's personality.

3. We didn't start to think about UI in graphics but i can assure you that it will be simple as possible.

another 3. The main idea about the Inventory weight will be about total character's weight, not the size of an item's icon (not like in Diablo if you like). I can make an example for you to understand the wight system. Most of the fights will be grouped by total character's inventory weight gap. The wight gap may be vary depends on the scenario\game type and players level. For example you will have 500 wight points to enter the fight. You can customize the character in any way you like - take a full medium dragon armor set (400) with a sword (75) and some potions(5 each) or take one sword (75), kern (150), light bronze armor set (200), and another extra sword (50) and a helm (20) in case if you primary weapon and the helm gets damaged (if you don't have a substitute for a primary weapon, you will have to fight with you bare hands or you will permanently loose the sword).

4. I'm not sure what you are talking about.

5. We have some randomization for animation but i'm not sure that will not see the repetitive motion in our game. It take a lot of time to create a good animation even if it's repetitive one. I think the good thing about the animation that we will have different types of animation for each ability. I will be possible to predict by animation which type of ability your enemy will trying to make (but we are talking about half seconds 8))

6. Rag doll is the pain in one place right now. When a character is dead it's no matter where his body lyes and you don't have to synchronize the ragdoll position for each client. The problems start when the character is not dead but you will want to use ragdoll to create damage effects on each client synchronized. Try watching ragdolls in the game like TF2. You will see that body lies different on each client. We are trying to create this feature online but i'm not sure about it's functionality with big network lags.

7. We have level equalization mechanisms and they lyes in scenario types. Some of the scenarios will be made to create fights between different lvl players. I can't give more detailed answer right now 8)

8. Due the technical reasons we will not chop off a body parts, but there will be a LOT of blood 8).

9. When we thought about the game we decided to create an entertainment which will take much of your time as you like. It's like CounterStrike - you can spend minuted or days and years to play.

10. It will be only PVP. PVE content will developed later after the release.

11. I'm not ready to answer that question but hope the sound will be good ("smell does 60% of success" - you can say it about the sound as well) 8)

I hope you will get interested. 8)

CTO, Panzar studio
AriOrH - Tank 30, АриОрХ - Gunner 15

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:37 pm

You have a good point in the 11 PAYN. You now made me hate almost all my games! D: :lol:

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:31 pm
Official FBC fan

Nice,that's a lot of fresh info.I'll add that into the sticky in the general forum :)

Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:59 pm
Panzar Studio

GJ!! 8) Thanks for gathering info! 8)

CTO, Panzar studio

Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:15 pm

I curious, I believe the game is based on servers per game you play, like Counter strike or Diablo correct? If so that would mean that the rooms/servers you join are created by other players. That being said, will this game have friendly fire as an option? I know you had said it was full PvP but would that include people on the same team? (if you have party options) It would be nice to have it set as an option possibly, say you create a server and have options for like 4-32 players, password in order to join, friendly fire on and off and so on. It'd probably help draw some people into the game that just want to experience team play and not just PvP action. However, I could be totally wrong haha. Just a thought though.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:48 pm

So what would it take for me to be created as an NPC in this game? I'll donate! :D I've always wanted to be implemented into a game some how :oops:

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:01 pm
Panzar Studio

Quote:
So what would it take for me to be created as an NPC in this game?

I'm not quite understand what you mean 8)

CTO, Panzar studio

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:09 pm
Official FBC fan

I think he wants there to be a character called 'Payn' in the game ;)

Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]