View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Where does your art come from? 

Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Unknown dimensional Frequency
Post Where does your art come from?
Out of curiosity I'm wondering where your concept artists have come up with their ideas for their art or what it derives from. Where does the artistic style come from? Its pretty cool looking and is warhammer*-esq. I'm sure a lot of others will notice this as well so I don't think it would hurt to come up with some sort of unique flare in your charachter design that will set it apart from the warhammer* lore. Even using the name "Chaos" makes a direct link to warhammer* I'm far from saying anything was stolen or otherwise copied, I'm saying that If I was the art director it would be a bit too close of a resemblance for comfort. Even your chaos warrior has the banner on his back like a games workshop chaos warrior.

*warhammer is a tabletop minitures war game created by "Games Workshop"

Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:43 am

Post Re: Where does your art come from?
I've never played Warhammer, but I think the drawings are simply amazing! If they implement it in game with CryEngine2 i bet this game will be a huge hit!

Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:38 am

When i first saw the art/models , warhammer did came to mind at first , few differences.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:59 am

The Chaos is not a Trademark of Games Workshop its an adoption of Norse/Greek Mythology.

God of war
God of time etc.

All based on ancient mythology.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:48 pm

Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Unknown dimensional Frequency
No one mentioned copyright or trademarks here. I'm talking about the look of the chaos warriors in FbC.
Although I've been told its within the general Chaos theme, I didn't know there was a particular look to Chaos, I should research it a bit and find out. Should be interesting to find out where this "Chaos" look was originally used (I doubt games workshop came up with it..they borrowed a lot of ideas from other places as well.)

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:08 pm

Have you guys checked the new art? I love the details... hope the game comes full of details!

Oh, by the way, does any of you (staff member of the FbC project) have any idea when the game will come out? Like 2009 or 2010 or 2050... xD

Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:43 am
Panzar Studio

We are preparing an interview with the game portal called - Gry.o2.pl and www.the-area.com portals. There we will discover a lot of info (in english) about the project so you check our forum for more info. I can't say for sure about the release date because we just started. I think it will be released in 2010 - 2011.

CTO, Panzar studio
AriOrH - Tank 30, АриОрХ - Gunner 15

Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:42 am

Thanks for the info! I'll keep checking the forums for that interview! :P

Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]