View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Ping problem 

Post Ping problem
Since one of the major updates im struggling with lags ( my ping jumps to 300-400 for around 3 seconds few times in a minute ). I can ensure you that my Internet connection is fine, i have made all possible tests, replaced router, contacted my Internet provider ( who send their employee to diagnose my problem) , also my Internet speed is very high (100 mb download, 25 upload ). Problem occurs only in Panzar. Can you tell me what can i do more ? Thanks for help

Wed May 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Post Re: Ping problem
Great Asmoy,

I understand that you have a ping issue. First do you have the issue in public game or also during the EU tournaments?
I ask because that are 2 different servers, Public games server is in Russia, EU tournament Server is in France.

All the test you have done and changes are of course always the first things you need to check. Thanks for that.
You also contacted your internet provider and they diagnose your problem. OK then I have extra question but I need to give a lot of extra info before I can ask a small question.

So you have an internet provider that connect you from your home to the internet and that speed is (100 mb download, 25 upload ). You Internet Provider is a level 3 internet provider (Home to Internet). You also know that internet has an "Internet Backbon" that are an number of level 1 providers.

So the best connection you can get is Home --> lvl 3 Provider --> lvl 1 Provider --> lvl 3 Provider (Panzar) --> Panzar Server.

I hope understand this, most of the time between Home and Panzar you have multiple lvl 3, lvl 2 and lvl 1 providers. More providers mean slower connection. One more thing if you want to go from point A (Belgium) to B (Polen) or A (Belgium) to C ( Russia). B and C can be 2 different provider and also different lvl providers

You provider garanties the connection from home to Internet (lvl 3 provider) with speed of (100 mb download, 25 upload ). But is doesn't garanties that speed from lvl 3 to lvl 2 or lvl 3 to lvl 1, Your provider has to buy that connection too, so it could be that 1 of those provider has slow connection.

So Home -(Down 100Mbit, Up 25Mbit)-> lvl 3 Provider -(Down 1Mbit, up 1Mbit)-> lvl 2 Provider --> lvl 1 Provider --> lvl 3 Provider (Panzar) --> Panzar Server.

So the extra question :) did your provider test from Home to Panzar?

If you say yes, can you ask the Provider to send us the result so we can see where the problem is.

If they didn't test from Home to Panzar then between Home and Panzar you have a slow provider. You can only fix this with VPN tunnel software or ask provider to get better connection to Russia or switch providers.

With kind regards,

White Wolfs
White Wolfs P - White Wolfs B - White Wolfs T - White Wolfs G - White Wolfs S - White Wolfs FW - White Wolfs SF

Thu May 25, 2017 10:31 am

Post Re: Ping problem
First of all thanks for quick reply and taking my problem seriously.
My problem occurs on both servers (France and Russian). Technician from my Internet provider did not test my ping on Panzars servers. We did ping checking only on most popular IP adresses like Google.com. I'm pretty sure i can do some tests on my own if i get IP adress of Panzar server , so that might be a next step. VPN tunnel software is something i can dowload and configure in my router settings as i suppose ? Tell me more about that last option if you can :)

edit : this Internet speed data (100mb download 25 upload) is actual Internet speed measured by speedtest
edit 2 : today on france server during tourney i have no problems! so i guess the problem is connection to russia

Thu May 25, 2017 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]