View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Black bar on top of the screen with 16:10 resolutions? 

Post Black bar on top of the screen with 16:10 resolutions?
Hi, I've been playing Panzar for a couple of days now, but there's one problem with the game that has been bugging me a bit.

When I set the game to a 16:10 resolution (like 1680x1050 wich a almost always use) there's a black bar on top of the screen. Basicly the screen is pushed down. I can move it up by configuring my monitor settings, but that will of course change it for everything that I do on my PC.

I've tried everything from changing it to windowed mode and back to fullscreen, turning on vsync and lowering the graphics quality.

Please help me! :?

Edit: Oh, and I know that if you can't use an ability, the icon will go down. :roll:

Tue May 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Post Re: Black bar on top of the screen with 16:10 resolutions?
den1137 wrote:
Hi, I've been playing Panzar for a couple of days now, but there's one problem with the game that has been bugging me a bit.

When I set the game to a 16:10 resolution (like 1680x1050 wich a almost always use) there's a black bar on top of the screen. Basicly the screen is pushed down. I can move it up by configuring my monitor settings, but that will of course change it for everything that I do on my PC.

I've tried everything from changing it to windowed mode and back to fullscreen, turning on vsync and lowering the graphics quality.

Please help me! :?

Edit: Oh, and I know that if you can't use an ability, the icon will go down. :roll:

I'm honestly not sure what the root cause of this is, but it happened to me at first.
The only thing I can think of that I changed, was moving my graphics settings from Maximum Performance, to Back to the 90s.

If that doesn't work, cycle through the resolutions and see if there is a more appropriate choice.

Give that a shot, and report back. I'll try to stay in touch.

Wed May 08, 2013 11:40 am

Changing it to back to the 90's doesn't change anything. I have been playing at 1440x900 where this problem doesn't exist, but this game looks beautiful and I want it to look as sharp as possible, but if there's no way to fix this I'll just play on 1440x900. I do hope that there's a way to fix it though.

Thu May 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Greeting den1137,

First, what comes to my mind, is the incompatible aspect ratio (16:10) thus causing a black bar to appear at the top of the screen. One of the possible solutions you may try is to change aspect ratio of your monitor to 16:9 and setting the recommended resolution for your monitor.

Saucex

Fri May 10, 2013 9:16 am

Saucex wrote:
Greeting den1137,

First, what comes to my mind, is the incompatible aspect ratio (16:10) thus causing a black bar to appear at the top of the screen. One of the possible solutions you may try is to change aspect ratio of your monitor to 16:9 and setting the recommended resolution for your monitor.

Saucex

Well, I have a 16:10 monitor. I almost always play games at 1680x1050 and never have this problem. Even if I set a game to a 4:3 or a 16:9 resolution, the NVIDIA-controlpanel will still stretch it to fullscreen, so it should always be full screen. But the problem is the scaling is right, but the position isn't. I really have no idea why this is the only game where this happens.

Fri May 10, 2013 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]