View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
What the hell, guys? 

Post Re: What the hell, guys?
somedevguy, they are NOT stealing anything! Do you know what stealing means? "stealing is the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent"
They aren't taking anything away... If you go to the other MMOs sites you see they are still there..

On another note, tell me anything that have not been aborded in games... I bet you can't, because games are here since way before I was born, and I bet way before you were born. You can't accuse people of stealing, just because they have similar art. If they have similar art, that just means they had the same inspiration... If you are realy an artist i bet some of your work(if not all) looks similar to someone's out there... There's nothing you can do about it, and I'm not aware of american laws, but i don't think you can sue someone just because they made art similar to yours.

If you ever read this, I hope you do some research and find art similar to yours, so you can see "There is no argument. You are stealing..."

Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:06 pm

it is a ripoff i don't are how you argue the similarities are too strong...I love this project the look and feel but i am almost 100% certain if they don't change their storyline EVERYONE is just going too say warhammer ripoff and games workshop might sue and shut down this project, is it a risk these guys should take, I mean there are plenty of other themes too use why pick the one that will basically get you shut down....its not the art (even though it basically is war hammer) its the story I have trouble with, seriously before even reading the story the first thing that came too my head was "war hammer game" then I read the story and again though "war hammer".

that not good business wise could place this whole project too a halt.

heck warhammer even has a book called forged by chaos (which i read) ....iam not saying you guys are thieves i am just suggesting change the storyline or MAYBE in the long term you are gonna get sued.....

GW sues people for profit.....they will do the same too you.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:35 am
Site Admin

Thank You for your opinion, bannik, however, we have nothing to add to all, what was discussed earlier in this thread. Except may be, the fact about the book, you mentioned – our project name was registered long before GW book was ever announced.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:24 pm

well I could point out how the story is basically the same

the fact that you have 4 chaos gods who resemble the chaos gods of war hammer a lot.

you have the immaterial and war hammer has immerterium and they are basically the same thing (even the name is the same.

the fact that the storyline of elves resemble the storyline of warhammer elves (being first too fight chaos etc)

again I am not saying you are thieves and I love this game (i want it badly) but you gotta admit the similarities are uncanny even the art direction (which has all being pointed out) i am just wondering why not create a whole different story, what I am worried about is that you go with this story and idea and GW then sues you....it could put the project on hold....which is something i dont want.....

ps - will the orcs all have ginger hair?

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:07 am
Official FBC fan

Frankly I think you're all over reacting. I mean all fantasy games are pretty similar (dwarves,elves,orcs etc...) and I really don't see how this relates to warhammer anymore than lord of the the rings does to warcraft. In the end of the day, it's about how fun the game is, and not you worrying that the characters look slightly similar to those from another IP. You haven't even played the game and you don't know the entire games story,only the background to it, so please reserve judgement at least until you've had a chance to play.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:49 am

no one is arguing that the game is bad mate, all most of us are saying is that it bears too much resembelence too a certain other media, in my view i couldnt care less if it is even a carbon copy but i know for a fact that GW or games workshop wont like it and would sue if it shows too much resembelence heck if the devs worked in GW at any point in history could be good grounds for suing them.....I DONT WANT THAT

could you imagine this game is nearly complete like 90% and then GW just sends a cease order telling you too stop making the game and take you too court...could ruin the whole project.......and the only reason is because its too much like warhammer.....

i couldnt care if this game even had a story i just want too play it...give me an orc with a rock and tell me too hit things...thats more then enough story for me.

all i care about is good gameplay.....if its engaging etc...

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:22 am
Panzar Studio

Quote:
i couldnt care if this game even had a story i just want too play it...give me an orc with a rock and tell me too hit things...thats more then enough story for me.

all i care about is good gameplay.....if its engaging etc...

I like that 8). It's the only thing that we care for now is gameplay. If it's good, then you can bind it to everything (even for a green ball). As for people that associates us with WH, we are trying to get far away from it as much as we can. The story will have some changes too. At the end the only common thing between us and WH will be the fantasy style world that is same for many projects this days.

CTO, Panzar studio
AriOrH - Tank 30, АриОрХ - Gunner 15

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:30 am

/this

gameplay > all !

you can have the best storyline ever and go to hell with it if the games is all "press 111 now plox... nope, target out of range - press 2 now"

and about all this "bla came up with this idea first" imagine this catholic guy from the old testament suddenly showed up saying "meh! i invented the concept of mana, ress'ing ppl, godmode and stuff!"

EDIT: sorry i just had a massive spliff

Wed May 12, 2010 8:45 pm

yeah this game probably wont even have a singleplayer so who cares about the story, story is just a stuffing in this kind of games anyway

Fri May 21, 2010 2:50 pm
Official FBC fan

Talk about bumping old threads... Can this be locked?

Fri May 21, 2010 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next