View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Looking for a group to play with 

Post Looking for a group to play with
I am fairly new to the game thus I am not looking for a clan, at least I do not know of any they would want to have a newb in their group, so I am curious if there are other people who want to play games together.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Post Re: Looking for a group to play with
The best is to ask on global or your country's chat ;)

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:12 pm

Well, don't know, in the chat it's just trolling, spamming, and stuff. To get a serious group for long time, guess it's better to ask on the board ;)

I'm unfortunately above your level and cannot play with you. But once you reach Lvl30, I'm happy to group up! And welcome to Panzar, nice to see the community growing!

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:22 am

I do appreciate the replies so quickly, I am not sure which I like better: the gunner or the paladin. Is it possible to make a new character and join me that way or does the game rank you by your highest character?

Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:52 am

I am not sure what you mean...

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:16 am

Sorry, half asleep when I typed that msg. When you queue for a pvp match, does the game match you with people who are close to your toons lvl? Like if you are a lvl 10 Gunner, will the game queue you into a game with OTHER lvl 10s or will lvl 15-25 people also be in the game?

So if you started a new toon, lvl 2 if you sat through the tutorial, then I am sure you and I could queue together.

Hopefully that makes more sense :P

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Matchmaking is done with the use of battle value (efficiency) which doesn't depend much on your level (5 or 10% - I reccommend you find some topic where battle value was described).
So.. When I was playing an 8 level char I met some 20 level chars a few times. Also were in a game where there were (ererere oO) 13(unless someone lied) and 30 level. Of course there will be some guys on your level, but it's not like there are only 10, 17 or 29 level chars in a match.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Role playing games. I’m a fan of Pathfinder. It’s easy to understand, can be played in groups from 4 to 7, you can get prewritten adventures that are really well done, it isn’t too expensive (and you can get used books or PDF versions for cheap), and it scales really nicely as you get more advanced.

Group card games are also a favorite. Ultimate Werewolf is a lot of fun (there are versions from other publishers) and there are new versions for quick games much like One Night Ultimate Vampire. Other favorites include Exploding Kittens, Catan, Pandemic, Ticket To Ride, and Apples To Apples. My friend Andy should be answering this as he’s a HUGE party game aficionado, but he’s not on Quora. What he might say, beside deluging you with the names of games he loves, would be to seek out the amazing world of board games not owned by Milton-Bradly, especially those coming out of Europe. I like watching the new games show up on Kickstarter. I think he recommended I read The Board Game Blog once or twice. Peruse the Amazon section on Board Games and Card Games.

And yes, Cards Against Humanity is fun, too.

Regards
Kelly Dimarco - Best Essay Writing Service UK

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:10 am

If you are more outgoing, then just chat with people as they wander by, if they seem interested in the game, tell them about it and offer to show them how to play. Most people will say something like they don't have the time, and you can offer that the game only takes 30 mins to play. Often they will be interested enough to play at that point, you do not have to be a high pressure sales person. Usually while you and the other person are playing the game, another person will come up and watch you, and you can offer to deal him in, if it works for everyone involved. If you can, get a friend to go with you to the shop to help you get things going (sort of like a shill). Just start playing a 2 player game that allows 3-4 players, and I guarantee someone will wander over to you to watch shortly. At that point you can deal the new player and start a 3 person game if you want.

Regards
British Dissertation Editors

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]