View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
This game unbalanced 

Post This game unbalanced
This is game is unbalanced. I absoloutely fell in love with it at the start, it was my type of game. Fun, engaging, skill level required to dodge and block. But as time went by, I started noticing a significant advantage towards Zerkers and Tanks. They were unkillable and could 1 shot you with a power attack (even if you were blocking sometimes) or 2 shot you by knocking up and back and getting an almost guaranteed execute with no defense or counter. I thought I was playing my character wrongly, so I focused on learning how to dodge and block and reading up on my character and playing lots of games. 100s of hours of game time nothing changed. In fact, the higher my level became the more the dispartiy in classes I began to notice. Zerkers were consistently tearing up entire groups of people with one fell swoop, and in the process managing to kill 2 gunner turrets, 5 traps, couple of teleports, and even a steam hammer with one attack that always appeared to hit an AoE area. I've seen multiple occasions in game where a zerk 3vs1'd people and came out on top only to run off and still be able to sweep up a few more kills and an objective.

I researched this area and I am definitely not the only one that thinks this. If you're a dwarf, ice witch or SoF your best bet is to run for your life away from a charging zerker (who can simply just jump 10 feet in the air and land on you) or quickly chase after you with ease. They have so much movement and gap-closers it isn't even funny anymore. This game is extremely frustrating and not fun to play purely due to balance.

Here is a screenshot of a recent game I played with, I kid you not, FIVE bezerkers on the enemy team. The score was 301:0 when it was taken (go figure), as we could not even get on to the capture point because we were obliterated with the massive cluster&%#$ of orks 1 shotting even our tank.

I wont be paying for a subscription again, I won't be playing this game anymore, and I defintely won't recommend it to friends. Sorry Panzar, but you could have been something great if you had just listened to the community from the start.
Nerf zerks.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:11 am

Post Re: This game unbalanced
I have to say that I disagree, like most classes in this game, zerks are very good at what they do. Yes that can 3 vrs 1 if the other three are squishy classes who have got themselves in a bad position. But as an Ice Witch, a good freeze + scream combo can also 3 vrs 1 those same squishy classes, as can a good Skyfire from a mage. A well placed gunnar with strong defences can hold down the cap point and get massive kills. As I have said in other threads during my time playing I have seen threads claiming pretty much every class is OP because of certain aspects. The only class where I think it is potentially true is inqs, who just get too many toys.

Weird thing last night was that I was seeing very few orcs in game, I played my tank for the first time in a while and I think the max orcs in a game was 5 across both teams. Several game there were only 2 or 3 and a couple I was the only orc in the game.

I have a level 20 full gear zerk, but I find both my tank and gunnar easier to play and they certainly seem to have more effect on the outcome of the game.

I see that you are playing ice witch, in which case you should be running if you see a zerk focusing on you. Use you ice to stop him running and get out. Ice witches are all about timing, picking the best time to go in and try to play your freeze. The best time is when several enemies are engaged with similar friendlies, and their focus is elsewhere. Also try to team with a good tank, an ice with tank protection can be an awesome combo.

Gunnar - Gat Ling 20

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Have you actually wondered why so many ppl that play this game for a long time always defend the statement that zerks are not op, are not making the game imbalanced?

You say 'if youre a dwarf or mage the best you can do is to run away from zerk, if they chase you'. Yes, it is. Why would you suggest that small dwarf or mage can really win pvp with a heavy and strong zerker? Just run, try to get them down from a distance. If a zerk can get you it means youre in a wrong place, they shouldnt reach you. Icewitch after 10 lv can kill a frozen zerker with one hit. Gunner.. Gunner is so op, you think a zerker fighting in middle can get away with a shooting gunner for so long? No they dont. A good sapper can strongly damage them as well, sapper is quite powerful. But even if.. sapper is support. Generally not expected to fight with zerkers. Firemage can shoot that zerker through all the fight, if they come to kill her once or twice a battle, not so bad, she is making his life bad all the battle. Its logical, if youre not a fighter-class, you dont go to fight with them, you do whats your job, which is shooting or supporting, if we talk about mages and dwarves.

Zerker is the slowest-fighting class in the game. Definetely not op.

I don't think anyone could cry after you, to be honest, as you seem not to be a good player if you give up so easily. Play a zerker, you'll know their drawbacks.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:31 pm

I disagree, Xylar. I talked about that with so many people and we thinking that this game will be unbalance as long as we play only with 20 lvl.

Apart this you are wrong thinking that 10 lvl Ice With beat frozen zerk - yes, if he has only 7k HP, what means that he is very weak. Similar is with your opinion about slowest zerk - if he doesn't use his skills - maybe, but who doesn't use it? It's normal that fully-equipped Zerk breezes into fully-equiped Ice Witch's freeze-zone and kills her with one power attack.

Unbalance in this game shows itself when you compare specific pair of classes - like Ice Witch with Inq or SoF and Zerk etc. Of course there is some players who step out of line but for example Inq can take all his offensive (and speed bonuses) skills before 21 lvl and other classes not.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:29 pm

So you tell me that icewitches are underpowered in this situation? Do you remember a battle when an at least not bad icewitch was under the first 3 of team in ranking? Cause I don't remember such a result actually. Icewitch is a support. She shouldnt actually be in any way compared to zerk. Incomparable. Both are really needed and neither is better than the other.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:06 pm

You are right, although I compared Ice Witch and Inq. But still, even comparing with Zerk, if she is a support, she should have a chance for escape or survive first attack.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Yeah I kept relating to the thread's author's words.
And doesnt she have one? Who said she always has to be successful at freezing the enemys fully (to death) ? She can stop freezing and block the zerk's PA, then run away, and all the enemys who were being frozen are still really slowed, very easy aim for allys.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Xylar wrote:
She can stop freezing and block the zerk's PA, then run away, and all the enemys who were being frozen are still really slowed, very easy aim for allys.

Find Ice Witch, who survive 6k in the back... ;)

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:00 am

turning around lasts.. 100? 200ms? 0,5s? not for longer. And the better timing she has the harder those enemys are frozen and the farther her runaway is.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:24 am

My point is when she plays against top-players, she doesn't end freezing before she die. Even if she blocks first attack. They have too fast and too powerful attacks. But... zawsze możemy pogadać o tym prywatnie po polsku ;)

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:47 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next