View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Why Inquisitor is easily the most powerful character 

Post Why Inquisitor is easily the most powerful character
So this one is going to be a bit longer, since it's supplied by my 2.5 year Panzar experience. I've played every class, been in this game long, so I think I can make a full article.

-----

So, Inquisitor. I guess at the beginning everyone thought this is an assassin class, which is true only partially. If you still think that he is - go play the game a little bit longer, you don't get the bigger picture yet. In truth, he is a class that has something to say in every field in battle, but instead of being mediocre in them, as any all-arounder should be, he excels at every single one. I have no idea what creators thought when they made Inquisitor. Or maybe he was different at the very beginning of Panzar's existence, I dunno, I'm not that old. My point is, there really is no downside to this class.

So let's get started, shall we? Oh, by the way, this is fully about public games, no tournament setups.

-----

First of all, like most characters, Inq is a melee class. He doesn't have anything long ranged, although it's not really much of a problem, because he is incredibly fast. He doesn't need to be shooting to get there to kill you. Additionally, you cannot escape him - incredible moving speed, but also he can trap you (the cage is being thrown so fast that 90% you won't block it anyway) or roll to you. If it's a 1 vs 1 and you have similar equipment, well, you're dead. Only Berserker, Tank and other Inquisitor could dream of winning a duel with him, and they probably wouldn't kill him, since there are three, three! skills that can be used as escapes. Invisibility, roll and Wraith, all of them are incredibly cheap to use and only one uses Will, as it is now called. He will run away, drink a potion, and come back full-force, perhaps to pester someone else.
Let's now take a look at his stats. He is a human, which means a more than decent health pool. Inquisitor usually focuses solely on damage, but still remains tanky enough to sustain quite a serious punishment. Add to this a very good block of 85%, and there you go. Very fast, which we covered. But his attacks are ridiculously fast as well, which increases his damage per second to the point of exceeding a Berserker. And it's often enough to fit in a power hit before the enemy stops his own animation. Not to mention that Inq's animation is wonky and hard to read where exactly he hits or when is his back. Oh, also backstabs, even on primitive left mouse button attacks, since why not.
Combination of good Will rewards for attacks and speed results in accumulating Will points very fast, and all of his skills are cheap. Some are spent on Eye of the Wolf, which means that if he kills you, he regenerates health. The Lacerated Wounds heal too, but although they deal damage over time, after those fifteen seconds the numbers are insane.

-----

What do we have so far? A so-called assassin that would have, and really has, no problem in fighting on front lines in big battles. Block, damage, backstabs, sustain, escapes. Sweet, but hey! We still have more!

Now, to the other Inquisitor's skills. Let's take a Plague first. It now brings you down to one hp at max, but let's face it, it's not that much of a deal - if someone has one hp, even a fart is deadly. It's also damage over time, but the sheer damage is enormous, and it's an area of effect kinda skill, although with slightly different mechanics. On lower levels, it simply decimates everyone that's not an orc. Very often you might just jump into a canyon, so you won't spread the illness. And if you die in crowd, good job, Paladin can shove his Cleanse because it probably won't do shite.
Same situation with Sacred Flame. Combine it with Fetters, and the non-orc target is fatally killed to death. Also, both skills are AoE.
Let's talk Fetters now. I admit it, you need a bit of getting used to, but then you throw it down so fast that there is no way to block it. It's one of the best crowd controls in the game. It lasts for four seconds, and can stop entire team in it's tracks. Uses are limitless - prevents from escaping or from approaching, keeps in place for further combos or just to finish off. I'm not sure, but I think it can't be cleansed.

Ok, now to the thing I personally hate the most. Handful of Dust. Oh heavens, why. This skills makes no sense. It's thrown incredibly fast, that's one. Two, it's freakin' seven will points, which is like nothing to Inq. And three - seven seconds cooldown, further decreased my amulet. Are you serious? Ice Witch's basic skill has longer cooldown! The result is following: every time someone tries to use a skill that could pose any kind of danger, that person gets sand thrown in their back. It literally can happen every single time. And it's AoE as well, in case you didn't notice. Maybe I should also state the four: Inquisitor can start blocking nearly instantly after using it.

-----

Not enough? Well, multiply all of this by two. Because there are usually two Inquisitors in team. But I'm still going.

First of all, attack speed. I think only Gunner and Ice Witch has any sort of comparison, not counting stacked Berserker. But in attack power, Ice Witch falls off, especially after her damage nerf. So there are two classes that might not have problem with blocking Inq in time after performing their own power attacks. But, his block is much, much stronger.

You can't run from him, he can run away from anyone while sustaining himself with incredible self-healing. To that, he has means to deal both with single targets and whole groups of enemies. No real counter to this class, but counters every other. It's not even a high risk - high reward type of playstyle.

Decimates elves - Fire Sister has now 60% block and very low hp. Very screwed if Inq gets close. Ice Witch has 65% and even with health runes has at best similar health to Inq. Yep. Also makes Ice Witch's life unbearable (a single one even, and remember that there are two Inqs), because of the sand skill that, no matter what, can be thrown every time there happens to be a Winter Cold going on.

Wraith. There actually is one skill in game that is a bit similar. But of course, this one is superior. The only additional thing Astral does is cleansing freezing (and chain I think). But Astral is not even an escape move, you just disappear for few seconds. Wraith: cheaper, instantenous, shorter cooldown.
Astral: more expensive, you can't use it at last moment because it doesn't activate instantly, long cooldown.
Why even?

Against the dwarves, well, apparently their constructs count as "foes". Destroying them also regenerates hp when Eye of the Wolf is active. But this I understand, otherwise he would have too many problems in dealing with Gunner nests.

------

Also, no. No videos showing anything here, just go, play the game and witness all of that. If you don't agree, well, how about you write an actual ARGUMENT against mine, instead of posting again "noob" or "fck you" or "quit the game"?

------

TL;DR, because everyone likes the Too Long; Didn't Read messages:
    Inquisitor is too strong, no downsides to this class. And certainly no reason to be two of them in one team.

Bum Badiradira! Chodź kochanie, chodź!
    Nie bój, nie bój się Panzara, oo!

Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:34 pm

Post Re: Why Inquisitor is easily the most powerful character
I'll read it all later, just saw the idea of limiting it to the 1 per team. That would be just awesome. But is also impossible as most of players play inqs - i really don't recall any 'inqless' battles, and am pretty sure 80% of the games include 4 inqs..

Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:54 pm

stop cry after ink and make it and see if u pro ink bye

Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:08 am

i wouldn't say he is so strong that others are useless. berserker is stronger actually. 1v1 against ink and 1 vs many also. inq takes more time to kill an enemy if he is blocking. the only thing he can do is hit you with a skill and run. his job is to stop you from making a team effort. that's what he does. but if the team is good they can easily protect you against them. but i agree, game would be kinda more fun without them.

for trapping, paladin can use purification or even speed buff to take off trap. if one gets canceled with sand you can use the other one immediately.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:15 am

hmmm, inquistor is strong class, if u want how to play with him, but all classes are powerfull enought if u know what to do with them. i tell you who has a big problem with inquisitors: people that play not with team, players that stay far away from team. its a assassin class ... inqs are in right place now, and the only one problem that make that sometimes u cant play vs them is bad matchmaking. other thing is that there are much noob inquisitors with 7.5k mastery and 4k bv so... yeah so... inqusitors give much dynamic to the game with all that, but its only my opinion

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]