View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Where have the devs been going wrong over the years/recently 

Post Where have the devs been going wrong over the years/recently
Have they focused too much on making the game p2w instead of expanding the playerbase? Have they ignored balancing issues? Wat are the balancing issues? What content could they add to attract more players? How could they appeal to an English-speaking market?

Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:34 am

Post Re: Where have the devs been going wrong over the years/rece
So still P2W?
Game is 3 times cheaper than 2 years ago, crystals is 30% cheaper than 1 year ago the game dependency on chance has been change so getting stuff is less based on chance. But still you can get everything for free if you play enough.

Getting the playerbase up I agree nothing has been done, I do know that they have contacted streamers, I know they hired a Spanish publisher but I hear nothing from that side, I have asked multiple times.

They are not ignoring balance issue, they have chose to give games instead of waiting 15 min for a game. More player would give better balance automatically.

It is the publisher's' job to do something about the publicity and attracting the English speaking Market.

There should be a US publisher too.

White Wolfs
White Wolfs P - White Wolfs B - White Wolfs T - White Wolfs G - White Wolfs S - White Wolfs FW - White Wolfs SF

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:50 am

There should be a major reconstruction of matchmaking system. So many ideas in the other topic of Rin/Lth (not sure, the topic about imbalance)...

Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:39 am

I have only played Panzar for almost a month now and I am very happy with the game, especially the last update that fixed the glitching textures with the streamable textures option. I did not know Panzar has been around for sometime, I discovered Panzar in Steam tucked away among other less-popular online games. Granted I am from Asia which probably did not have any local promotion for Panzar.

The glitching textures I experienced might have turned off some new players, I uninstalled Panzar right away when I saw the glitching textures during tutorial and then reinstalled it when I forgotten I had tried it. Same glitching textures but I tried a PvP match which I didn't before and were charmed by the combat. I think streamable texture option should be switched off by default to avoid new players getting glitching textures right away.

The equipment upgrade feature I think requires more than it's current state because it's somewhat simplistic presentation is affecting Panzar's image as heavyweight in gameplay and graphic. The in-game store while at first intimidating with all the performance boosters for sale, I find does not matter much for gameplay after playing for awhile without any boosters.

I think if the in-game F2P ambiance is placed more discreetly, it could do wonders for the game's first impression since it already has the quality of AAA game. The noticeboard/announcement at the right side of character at lobby for example, could be replaced with best player awards, most kills awards, etc stats. And the promotion notices/announcement could be placed in separate screen where it is not 'in your face' and distracting the game's form. The notices at launcher could also be switched with game lore to further supplement the game's already great graphics. (lore for the skills maybe? it is easier to use lore that are relevant to players first than to use lore about bigger things right away)

I don't spend much on f2p games, but the times I do, it is usually after I get happy and excited from playing a good match and wants something more from the game. And most matches I played in Panzar are good matches.

All in all, I think Panzar is very fine at it's current state and I am very excited to see how it will evolve.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:28 pm

Astrobomb wrote:
Have they focused too much on making the game p2w instead of expanding the playerbase? Have they ignored balancing issues? Wat are the balancing issues? What content could they add to attract more players? How could they appeal to an English-speaking market?

Dude, wtf are you talking? How long you playing this game, 2 weeks? Tell me, where is p2w in Panzar? I play this game since summer 2013. Panzar changed a lot in 3 years in ingame shop and prizes of crystals.
I hate such people who says such an bullshit. I guess, you have no idea what p2w means. "Oh, its p2w, because you can buy a weapon with crystals"
Dont be like the dumbass Xylar or Lth.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:51 pm
So you dont take White Wolf's answer (the first) as a valid answer?
There have been improvements in all aspects of the game from prices to graphics over the past years. However, the matchmaking remains the biggest failure of the game, a failure which cannot be fixed with the limited players Panzar is currently left with.

Restricted matchmaking which leads to more "fair" battles means that the players must wait for a very long time (I for one would wait 15 min for each battle just to have a fair battle, but im afraid thats also not enough to gather two perfect teams) to get into a battle, thats why the matchmaking algorithm is so loose these days. And the less players play this game, the more loose it gets.

if you check bottom of the main forum's page (Most users ever online was 749 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 pm) you see that Panzar seen happier days, and remember thats 749 active users in "Forum" which not so many players read. But majority of the players left for different reasons and sometimes the bad decision making of the Panzar studio.

I remember the chance based crafting system was such a big disappointment for the players when it was introduced for instant, or the crystal price differences between EU and RUS server, the decision to merge the servers(they had no choice in fact, there wasn't enough EU players to make battles without RUS players) brought high pings to EU players etc..

What else do you wanna know?

Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]