View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Tournament Practice Run - Sat 11.5 14:00 CET 

Post Tournament Practice Run - Sat 11.5 14:00 CET
Greetings!

Today, the community team will be testing the tournament system in EU for the first time with players! If you are interested and can be around this afternoon (EU time), make sure to get online and join the in-game Tournament chat channel, where more information will be available.

Please note that the tournament will be a test of system functionality more than anything else, so expect some delays and issues to occur. However, we hope this will also be a great opportunity to get a glance at the more competitive/organised format of the game.

How the system will work:
Willing players are invited to the temporary clan "Tournament" by "TOrganizer". Once in the clan, players are placed into teams, who will then fight each other in the tournament. This tournament will not be limited by level, gear or class, which will undoubtedly lead to some very unbalanced matches. Point is more on testing out the system, and hopefully having some fun while at it; please don't take the games too seriously.

Follow Panzar at Facebook and on Twitter for real-time updates and notices!
Subscribe to our Youtube-channel for the latest videos!

Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 am

Post Re: Tournament Practice Run - Sat 11.5 14:00 CET
Ufinicie wrote:
Greetings!

Today, the community team will be testing the tournament system in EU for the first time with players! If you are interested and can be around this afternoon (EU time), make sure to get online and join the in-game Tournament chat channel, where more information will be available.

Please note that the tournament will be a test of system functionality more than anything else, so expect some delays and issues to occur. However, we hope this will also be a great opportunity to get a glance at the more competitive/organised format of the game.

How the system will work:
Willing players are invited to the temporary clan "Tournament" by "TOrganizer". Once in the clan, players are placed into teams, who will then fight each other in the tournament. This tournament will not be limited by level, gear or class, which will undoubtedly lead to some very unbalanced matches. Point is more on testing out the system, and hopefully having some fun while at it; please don't take the games too seriously.

Will there be more information available closer to the time of the tournament? As a NA player I'll have to be on a little early to make it, so just hoping I can view an update closer to when it is happening.

Sat May 11, 2013 8:57 am

CKB wrote:
Will there be more information available closer to the time of the tournament? As a NA player I'll have to be on a little early to make it, so just hoping I can view an update closer to when it is happening.

Yes, we'll update/post on this thread with more details later on. Also, plan is to be active on the in-game channel during the day.

Sat May 11, 2013 9:46 am

We're now inviting people to the Tournament clan. Sign up by asking for an invite on the "Tournament" channel and be ready to join the Tournament clan temporarily. We hope to start the battles at 14:00 CET. Note that you'll need to leave your guild to attend, but can of course join back afterwards, make sure you do not disband the guild though!

Sat May 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Tournament is now over, a massive thanks to the brave teams Beta, Gamma and Delta, and extra special congratulations for the winning team Alpha!

Original line-ups:
Test Alpha
Jackcouille
Dardevil
IceCore3
Pure Cure Witch
Gurkenkrieger
Sturner

Test Beta
I heal u brooo
Kousaka Kirino
Delwynn
Xioytraos
FIRE LILITH
Nevalyashka

Team Gamma
Winky
Third
Cutzero
l3eniy
Tawkin
Orkslayer

Test Delta
oKasufo
Givre
StormDeath
Malowly
Gebe
Zoid

While the tournament had no official prizes, we'll see what we do as a thank you for these brave volunteers. For now, I want to thank everyone for participating and thus allowing us to test the system - which btw works rather well! Looking forward to more, with better organisation, better balance and... do you think this can be made any better? :D (I'm sure Saucex will appreciate all feedback. :>)

Sat May 11, 2013 5:19 pm

I wasn't able to enter in or watch live because of timezone issues, but I will definitely watch the VOD of it later today and let you guys know if I got any feedback spectator-wise.

-Nick (that's me)

Sat May 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Damn! I fell asleep this morning and missed it.

Sat May 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Damn, I just got word of this right now. I was with my girlfriend, but the tournament was scheduled 7 AM EST, so I probably would have slept through it anyway.

Sat May 11, 2013 11:32 pm

Synsane wrote:
Damn, I just got word of this right now. I was with my girlfriend, but the tournament was scheduled 7 AM EST, so I probably would have slept through it anyway.

+1

Let's get an afternoon NA tournament going!

Sun May 12, 2013 12:26 am

man... if i would have known about this i would have gotten up early to get on and cast some of it if i could have.

Mon May 13, 2013 2:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next