View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
List of suggestions/concerns 

Post List of suggestions/concerns
I've not played this game for that long and I've just played as a paladin (level 11) but I have a few things I would like to suggest that bothers me already.

1) I think that only being able to invite 2 friends into a group (a total of 3 including yourself) is a very low number, having the ability to invite 4 (a total of 5) would be much more reasonable imo, seems like a standard number in most games.

2) One thing that bothers me a lot is that you cant try out the Altar skills anywhere and that the respec costs 50 crystals (which you can only get by paying money).

I would suggest a training area where you can try out different class skills before you get them. Doesn't have to be anything advanced (although more advanced options would just be better) just take one of the maps and add some friendly units (to see effects on teammates like heals) and some enemies so you can see how much damage you do and generally how the skills work.

The other problem is that you only can use crystals to respec, I think adding an option to use gold for respec would be very reasonable since I would not want to start over with my character because I choose the wrong skills in the beginning.

3) I think that teammate collision should be turned off, it's mostly just annoying. No need to turn off collision with enemies.

4) Why can you only "exchange crystals for gold" and not the other way around? My main concern with this is what I've mentioned before though (point 2), you cant respec with gold, just crystals.

5) Dyes are just ridiculously expensive. Why can't you buy the actual bottle with the dye instead of paying 5 crystals to dye one slot.. 100 crystals to dye every slot is a lot and you don't even own the dyes if you want to change them at a later occasion.

6) Make it possible to skip the tutorial and still get the reward if you've already done the tutorial once with another character. It will get tiresome to run through the same sequence many times.

7) My main concern when playing as a healing paladin is that it's sometimes unclear what state your teammates are in mainly because of all the bloom and particle effects.

For example it's hard to tell if they're dead or alive on a distance, you see the names above even dead teammates and it looks just as names on alive teammates.

It's really hard to tell if it's teammates that are frozen or if it's enemies which is really annoying when you want to use "Purification".
      When someone is on fire it looks like they're really low on health (glowing yellow/red) and sometimes it can even look like an enemy is a teammate with really low health.

Therefor I would suggest some clear visual indication that the teammate is dead (maybe just remove the name as soon as they die?) and make the teammate health outline draw in front of different particle effects instead of behind them even if the teammate is behind it.

8) The Victory screen goes away too fast! After the Victory/Defeat you don't have any time to write anything to the people you played with last round. What I would suggest is that the time after the round is finished (and the score is shown) is extended and add the possibility to skip it if you want so that you have the time to say a few words. The black screen that comes after the Victory is boring to look at, why not just overlay it ingame like with the end round score?

I enjoy the game a lot right now but things like these worry me if I should play it for a longer period of time.

tl;dr:
    1) Not enough friends can join a party at the same time.
    2) Why can you only respec with crystals?
    3) Collision with teammates is bad.
    4) No exchanging gold for crystals.
    5) Dyes are super expensive.
    6) Possibility to skip the tutorial when you've done it once.
    7) Bad visibility when healing as a paladin.
    8) No time to chat after the match is over.

Please don't just read the tl;dr and comment though.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:41 am

Post Re: List of suggestions/concerns
Hey Guran, I'm playing as paladin also and I've noticed also that sometimes enemy player who is burning looks like team mate whos very low on hp.
I'd like to respec also with gold, It's just ridiculous in my opinion that you have to pay 50 crystals (1,67 euros) It's not that much but if you want to try different builds then It's getting bit expensive.
And yes dyes are quite expensive it would be better if you buy dye then you have it permanently.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:02 am

Not to mention, the stupid point gathering system for Paladin.
Paladin do not get support points for healing, they get points if the ones they healed, killed a player.
I played a game with my level 3 paladin, I only got 7 points, while everyone got at least 200.
It was due, that whenever I healed someone they don't kill a player or I die before they do so.
I really don't understand Panzar's team logic ...

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:09 am

dark50killer wrote:
Paladin do not get support points for healing, they get points if the ones they healed, killed a player.
I played a game with my level 3 paladin, I only got 7 points, while everyone got at least 200.
It was due, that whenever I healed someone they don't kill a player or I die before they do so.

Man, paladin is the 2-nd class (after sapper) that gets more points than other classes (proof- streams of S.D.P.'s matches, e.g.). It was really your problem that you weren't healing the ones who killed and got "at least 200".

Hreigard (eu serv)

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:55 am

Sindri wrote:
dark50killer wrote:

Man, paladin is the 2-nd class (after sapper) that gets more points than other classes (proof- streams of S.D.P.'s matches, e.g.). It was really your problem that you weren't healing the ones who killed and got "at least 200".

I don't really "choose" to kill the one who kills, it was in the map the Hall of our fathers, the Berserk and tank were new players (my paladin is level 3.)
I couldn't help but keep healing unless they killed someone, that's if I wasn't killed before the gunners got me.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Keimo wrote:
Hey Guran, I'm playing as paladin also and I've noticed also that sometimes enemy player who is burning looks like team mate whos very low on hp.

What I would like is to have icons over your teammates heads when they're frozen or on fire (just like we have now with plague!), would make things so much more clear what status they're in so that you can use purification effectively. I also would like health bars above their heads instead of the glow to indicate their health since it mess up so much because of particle effects etc as it's now, it would also make things much more clear.

dark50killer wrote:

I don't know exactly how the point system for healing works but yes sometime it's very unrewarding to play as healer but it's mostly because of the rest of the team. Those matches where your team cant push forward at all (that map where you start at the beach in some winter setting when attacking comes to mind..) and pretty much dies instantly there ain't many points to get as a healer. I usually follow the tanks and I think that I just get points if I heal them when they stand on the capture points, they usually don't kill much.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]