View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Feedback About Payment Model 

Post Feedback About Payment Model
Here is some feedback and tips..

Potions

I avoided this game for quite awhile since I saw potions existed. However, being that it was featured in MMOBomb, I decided to give it a try. Too bad it was exactly what I expected. Just like every free to play game, the developers try to make money off of you with potions by giving you an advantage. Sorry, but just because you can get potions eventually, doesn't mean this game isn't pay to win. A simple but probably too obvious to even consider suggestion, REMOVE POTIONS. Replace it with some sort of ability that allows players to rest to slowly regenerate their resources, any sort of combat would disable it. Either that or make people regenerate HP passively when out of combat. You know how annoying potions are for Paladins?

Respec Skills

You guys should seriously consider removing this as soon as possible. I quit after I saw this feature when I reached level 2. A few days later I realized that I can unlock all abilities at level 30 so there really is no point of respecing. Another words, you guys are just finding ways to make money off of your community. No one wants a greedy or desperate developer, don't force us to pay you. I put my wallet away as soon as you try to find schemes to make money off of me and I even give your game a bad name. Allow your players to respec whenever they feel like it, League of Legends allows it and they're doing perfectly fine financially.

Crystals

Everything that costs crystals should also cost gold, unless it's only cosmetic. If you don't, then you will be classified a pay to win game and you will get horrible reviews, which you have already gotten. This game has potential, but it's going down the same path that Wrath of Heroes went down and Wrath of Heroes no longer exists. The best payment model is make everything free to play, but you can speed things up with crystals. Only cosmetics should cost crystals. Using crystals to level up is also a pretty lame way to make money...

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:05 pm

Post Re: Feedback About Payment Model
"Everything that costs crystals should also cost gold,"

or time spent playing... crystals, gold, or time.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 am

yeah, like insane amount of time to get just one item
the difference btw paying and not paying is way too huge to look at this game as free to play

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:39 am

Here are my 2 cents...

The current payment model is petty, cheap, and down right annoying.
After the latest patch applied getting geared up has become almost twice as difficult than since the drop rate has been significantly reduced, but at the same time a little easier/cheaper to buy with crystals, which leads me to believe that panzar studios is trying to rip me off. with all the games features they turned they're attention to to a p2w model. WHY?!

Hasn't it been proven so many times that such a model is rather counter productive in attracting new blood to the game? By the way more people=more money, but attracting more players requires a much friendlier payment model, where even a f2p player can stand a chance against a someone with a fatter wallet. Don't misunderstand, I dont hate those people, on the contrary i want to see more of'em since they keep the game going, but i doubt they'll keep playing if there is no one to play against.

Enough ranting and here is my suggestion: revert back to how it was before the patch. and focus on the fitting room, cause OMFG, is that thing bare bone, or what!? make new armor skins to sell, better color patterns not that crappy checkered thing on my clothes. more face options, hell even hats would be nice, think about it.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:54 pm

I wrote a nice long response to this and apparently over the course of me typing it got logged off of the forums so when i went to post it all was lost and now im quite irritated so I will try to condense everything into bullets.

About me: I just started playing this yesterday. I have a level 9 tank. The game was quite fun from levels 1-4. I like the uniqueness of the classes and the character customization. Much of this post may sound ignorant due to my lack of experience with the game but I have a lot of experience with other games and by being a new comer to this game it allows me to provide the point of view of a new comer.

Biggest thing that bothers me is the pay to win model. I have no problem with people paying for cosmetic things but an paying for a significant in game advantage is very frustrating. I understand the company's need to create revenue but there are ways to do it while still providing a balanced game. I have read comments saying that it is all about player skill and not so much items. I will agree with them to a degree, team composition and skill play a significant role in the game but ever since i entered the new bracket things have been much different. I find fully geared people who have essentially "twinked" themselves are usually ~20% stronger depending.

Things that I would like to see done to bridge the gear gap:
1. Make it so that half the gear is purchased and half is crafted. This allows people to stock up gold before a bracket change and when they do make that jump they wont be so far behind in terms of gear.
2. Limit the amount of enchanting that can be done to items to once again lessen the gear gap.
3. Create a system that can improve your chances of success when enchanting such as allow people to spend more gold or crystals to increase their chance. Granted this may run into a problem when it comes to crystals because people will say their crystals got "wasted" if they fail to enchant.
4. If you want people to be capable of purchasing gear with crystals why not focus more so on increasing the material rewards from games by spending crystals. Kind of like IP boosts.

The biggest turn off to players in a f2p game is the ability to "buy power" in the game. If this wasn't such a strong factor in the game you would get a larger player pool which would increase revenue and make it easier to balance match making.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:17 am

@Orcobal you do realize that premium service already makes more resources, gold, and exp drop.

Currently right now, everything that you can buy with crystals, you can craft with materials.

It'd be handy to be able to spend gold on them as well. Because, honestly, gold has lost a lot of meaning since the new patch.

You guys are saying, time. Well if you spend a lot of time playing, you'll certainly have enough resources to craft gear. :P

All this system does is make you want to purchase premium service. Right now a week is 25 crystals so that is a great deal. Sad it will eventually go back up. Certainly when it does, it might hurt the community a bit. However, the game is still growing. So we'll see.

This game is certainly Pay to be Lazy. But you still don't win if you're not good. :P

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]