View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
My feedback on Inquisitors 

Post My feedback on Inquisitors
Im fine with Inquisitors having the highest damage in the game. But having such high damage output that they have does not go well together with their high survivability. Next to tanks they have the best survivability in the game. Stick together 8 000+ health (double that with a health potion) , super run speed, 90% damage reduction when blocking, the ability to vanish from combat and a self heal makes Inquisitors nigh imnpossible to kill even when ganging up on them.

In most games the rogue class is usually a glass cannon and not a tank and this is where I feel the game designers failed. It has also a huge impact on how new players feel when trying out this otherwise great game. No one likes to run around being oneshot by Inquisitors for weeks/months before they are fully geared and having no chance to retaliate and kill the Inquisitor. Some continue the game hoping that it is only the gear difference that makes the Inquisitor a superman only to have that hope crushed months later.

I believe the design of the Inquisitor class is a huge reason to why we have so few players playing this game.

My suggestion is to reduce the survivability of the Inquisitors to make them feel more human. Reduce their block rate down to 80% and lower their health with one third. This way one can at least have a hope of killing one once in a while. Make them glass cannons with high damage and low survivability the way it is supposed to be.

I have stopped playing on all my level 20 characters except for my tank. The reason is purely that I'm so tired of being killed by Inquisitors without any chance of "revenge". I cant kill them on my tank either, but at least they can't kill me, so they usually run away.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:18 pm

Post Re: My feedback on Inquisitors
blub

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:35 pm

I feel your pain. Well when i have the courage to play my lvl 20 char ^^ Otherwise i play low level characters to enjoy the game.

on topic, sadly this has been repeated numerous times already :-/

However nothing has been done to fix them. it's just.. shut up and take my money. At least thats how i feel about it.

But i still have hope, otherwise i wouldn't be here anymore :D

Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:17 am

i can see why you think Inquisitors are kind of op^ , But they are not and there are couple of reasons for that

- Inquisitors rely on backstap damage that boost the damage to the numbers is it , so why turn your back to Inquistor?
- To make the Huge backstap damage you need to use the powerstrike, it takes time and its easyly blocked when you see Inquistor coming from shadows to load it

They are not op as you think, there is counter to it, Traps , Teslas and blocking, They suck at capturing points because a small hp , they do they'r job as assasin perfectly but they are not fighters, and your point of not alot players because Inquistors i dont agree on that. They are one of the best thing in this game making Panzar diffrent and hard to master.

-ZerZer

Ps, Sorry abaut writing mistakes

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:55 pm

the backstab-one-shot-feature isn't the problem here. If they had only that, it would be cool :D

However add to it, thehe combo high hp, better regen, high speed, high attack speed is kind of over the top right?

But that's for lvl 20 inquisitors.

I can understand for lower levels, inquisitors doesn't seem OP and more of a disturbance.

Since you joined forum today, i can only hope for you that you haven't reached the "end" game yet.

Enjoy Panzarrrrr ;)

Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:55 pm

Been playing a lvl 20 gunnar for a while now and dont find them too big an issue. Just got to accept that early in a game they will be all over you, my advice is save up your cp's until you can create a solid setup. Once you have a solid defence in place they find it much harder to take you down.

Also inq's dont have the ability to effect the game as much as some other classes, they are very good at what they do but at high levels other classes have skills which can be far more game changing from a team point of view.

Gunnar - Gat Ling 20

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Well :ugeek:

Inqustors are pretty balanced for sure , You can call the hp pool alot , but it the fact it isint
Inqus, rely a lot of the wolf skill passive to heal them because they wont be close to paladin all the time
As well they cant kill tank or berserker any way alone , Good ice witch can solo Inquistor whit freeze / Screem combo
Every class got they'r own way to deal whit Inquistors if you know what to do , Blaming game makers for your own Faults wont make this game any better ...! Only thing you can do is Learn Inquistor skills and counter them

Lets think abaut Poison

If you dont stay near when you got the poison you wont make the poison do AoE dmg so its kind of useless skill.

Everyone could start flaming abaut Ice Witches who froze the whole capture point jsut to scream and kill all.
Its not abaut the class to be op , Good player is allways a Good player no matter race.

-ZerZer

Ps, sorry abaut writing mistakes

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Some people seems to have read my post backwards or something. Im not complaining on the damage output of the Inquisitor. It's the damage together with the high survivability that makes them inhuman. I'm not talking about low level Inquisitors either. I'm talking about the fully geared level 20s.

Why would they need 8 000+ health and a self heal, when for example Sappers only have what like 4 000 health and no heals and they are almost in close combat as much as the Inquisitor.

And people telling to block have never faced a good geared Inquisitor at lvl 20 (or are playing one them selves). Their attack speed is so fast that all you can do is stand there and block till you die or 5 friends come along and scare the Inquisitor away. If you try and attack back you will only die faster. The outcome is the same though. Inquisitor wins. (unless ypu play an orc)

That is another problem with this game. The differences in the health pools. It ranges from what 13- 14 000 down to 3 000. The difference is way to big. Just take for instance health pots. The Orcs and Inquisitor benefit hugely from drinking a health pot and a fire sorceress benefits almost nothing from drinking one. Either the health differences need to be normalized or the health pot healing only a fixed number of health points (i.e. 3 000). Then all classes would benefit equally from drinking a health pot.

I just feel they gave the Inquisitor to much candy in it's bag and something needs to go.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Lets continue the crying abaut inquistors' who cant stand in circle to aquire points
Cant rly help you get that point , only thing is to get those backline witzes. Everyclass can counter it
And abaut zappers healt , they arent close range fighters they are supports whit many ways to help in battle whit out being in one

Tele
Eneryrege
Blockwence's to block gunners or some plays where to walk,
Traps to keeep doing dmg with out being in there

Just beachose you dont know how to fight inquistors it dosent make them op.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Well it doesn't matter anymore. This game will die (if it can be any deader) becasue it scares away new players for obvious reason I already outlined earlier.

I will also quit now, but not because of Inquisitors, but because of the frequent crashing of the game that the devs have done absolutely nothing to solve. You do not get any help at all except some pointless suggestions on these forums that doesn't help at all.

So Good luck to all of you.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next