View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Instant translation from Russian to English language 

Post Re: Instant translation from Russian to English language
Because my friend can speak a bit of Russian and knows the signs, I always ask him about them, together with Wikipedia I'm getting close of knowing all of them.

I'm surprised you use lots of English stuff, e.g. TP is like tp, when I read the Russian "heal" it sounds to me exactly like "heal", you say gg, lvl and lol, besrserker is berserker, inquisitor is inquisitor and so on. I am surprised, you don't have own words and use so many things that sound equal to English - as long as it sticks to game words! I just wonder, why is that?

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:04 am

Post Re: Instant translation from Russian to English language
Icy Tom wrote:
Because my friend can speak a bit of Russian and knows the signs, I always ask him about them, together with Wikipedia I'm getting close of knowing all of them.

I'm surprised you use lots of English stuff, e.g. TP is like tp, when I read the Russian "heal" it sounds to me exactly like "heal", you say gg, lvl and lol, besrserker is berserker, inquisitor is inquisitor and so on. I am surprised, you don't have own words and use so many things that sound equal to English - as long as it sticks to game words! I just wonder, why is that?

It's actually standard game slang used for better understanding in any game, as most players who set up slang in Panzar played various projects before. They're just written in Russian, though pronounced like in English.
There're RU words used too - you don't understand them and don't notice, I suppose. They warm my heart, when I hear them)) But, generally, if you want to be understood, you use 'universal' ones. Especially after merge.

And you wouldn't believe but there were no berserkers, inquisitors and teleports in Russian history or culture. These are generally adopted from fantasy/history/sci-fi books, mostly created by English speaking writers, or introduced through English translations. Just like in most languages.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5