View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Palladins NEED buffing! 

Post Palladins NEED buffing!
Honestly I LOVE playing the paladin class in this game but while they can change a battle easily they are fairly underpowered compared to the rest of the classes.

The first thing I will say is simply cut all the cast times in half and that will simply make them feel much more playable. Having to wait to put your green and blue powder on while the team rushes past you towards the fight leaving the healer behind and ending up dying because of it or having to wait till you're in battle to use it and getting killed by inquisitors because you have to stand still for a solid 2 seconds drives me crazy.

Next is the sacrifice skill. I have never ever in my entire time playing found use for this skill once. As a paladin you should be on the point capping and should simply keep everyone alive not letting anyone die to have the sacrifice proc. Now the only time I have seen a useful time to activate this is when a non tank gets power attacked by a berserker and is laying on the ground about to die no matter what I do. Now the problem is that the cast time is to long and even without using any abilities the berserker is on them and they are dead.

Another thing is resurrection. Once again this ability reaches the point of uselessness simply because it takes to long to cast. Using that many class points just to resurrect one or two teammates especially after a fight is pointless. During the fight you are to busy trying to keep your team alive to stand there casting resurrect and finally when resurrect would TRULY help you can't use it and that would be after everyone else has died. I'm always the first to die when things go sour on a point. Just cutting down the cast time on this spell once again would be a life saver.

Finally the thing that feels like it needs a buff the MOST is purification. Honestly this ability could be amazing but simply because of it's long cast time the situation in which you wish to cast it and the class point cost all combined makes it hurt really badly. Yes it has saved my life yes it has changed the tide of battle but there are two things I would like to see done to it to make it feel like its a Panzar level ability on level with the other classes. The first would be to reduce the cast time. I'm unsure if this is from playing as a level 18(and lower) against level 20+ but between trying to use it when a frost witch is freezing and getting frozen mid cast or being above half health and having myself die before I can cleanse the blue fire or poison off myself and everyone else on top of the cost infuriates me. The second thing would be to put a debuff immunity on after it. I don't mean a long time 1sec even .5sec would be fine just enough so that my berserker can kill the witch before freezing again. It feels so pointless to cure frost just to have them refreeze right after it just because I reacted fast instead of slow. This third thing I would enjoy but some might say would be over powered...though from what I have seen you guys are trying to just make everyone overpowered and that makes for a truly fun game (Something blizzard could learn from). If Purification purified the paladin and made him Debuff immune for the time of casting you wouldn't have to reduce the cast time and it would feel so much smoother actually getting the cast off instantly countering frost witches and inquisitors before they know what's really going on but being able to see me casting so they can react would be amazing and give the paladin a faster paced feel.

The final thing I want to touch on isn't a buff but just something I think NEEDS to happen for paladins to make them feel like they are being helpful on the leaderboards. The restoration ability needs to grant points for the leaderboard not just the normal heal ability. I understand wanting to make people use the heal ability not the Restoration but honestly when I'm playing with tanks that take 4 Restorations to get them to full from orange health the Heal ability becomes completely useless during a fight. I have had a few fights where I'm top on the leaderboard but that's because I FORCE myself to light heal in situations where a heavy heal should be used. I just don't like attacking a point heavy healing to save peoples lives a multiple times but since I didn't light heal much I'm low on the chart. I'm not saying make the heavy heal the main source of points but give it some weight to the fight. Either that or give assist points such as giving me a % of the points equal to the % of life healed on a target of points they get for a bit. That way if I just throw a single heal on a guy as he passes and he kills someone I get a few points where as if I heal a guy for more life then he has and he kills a bunch of people as I heal him on the point I get the points he gets for both kills and point defense/capture. I would enjoy seeing the second way implemented because it rewards healers to be in the fight heal while people are fighting choose the right target to heal that will help the team the most and will actually let them get on the top of the boards if they are doing a very good job. This way would also allow an "Assisted kill" count where it would show after death how many deaths you assisted in instead of just seeing how much you healed not having any feeling to that (Except when a level 16 has nearly 400,000 healing).

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:40 pm

Post Re: Palladins NEED buffing!
On some points youre right, on others youre wrong.

Cast times annoy me, too. They do for everyone. I would LOVE lower cast times!
BUT: I guess you are playing public games? I don't know about tournament organized teams but in public games you can not expect anyone to be clever enough to wait for the paladin. Sad but true...
Use the yellow powder first, this reduces the cast time for the other 2. And do you really need all 3 powders up when you rush in? Just take the yellow to push attack speed. You have enough mana in the beginning. Activate blue after the first heavy danger on the spot is over. And green? It takes away small injuries from your mates and you cant get classpoints on them. I mostly use green powder for selfheal issues or when farming CPs on 2+ inqui-plagued mater or standing in gunnerfire without a tank nearby. Very much constructed scenarios and you have to decide individually when to activate which powder but I think you can get my point.

Avoiding backstabs while using powders? Make a quick 180 turn before you use the powder. Or use the powder while standing very close to friends or in friendly gunnerfire or with your back to a wall or just pray that there is no inq waiting behind you since 5 minutes ;)

Sacrifice skill is going to be reworked ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12084 ). I did not use it once yet and I'm hitting lvl30 soon.

Resurrection. Yep, it is difficult. If you are lucky you can cast it when you are the last survivor. But most of the times you can already use it when half or more of your team is dead on the spot. You maybe lose one of the others who survived til then but you have another 3 or 4 new and fresh mates around to save the day. Don't forget: with skilllevel 3 your resurrect gets a heal included.

Purification. The cast time here annoys me the most.
Very often it happens that I react too fast like you. I see the icewitch start freezing and I know about the freaking long cast time so I already use it. 1 second later the situation is already dealt with and another 0.5 sec later my purification gets through which often makes my mate in teamspeak ask me "Did you unfreeze us? AFTER we already killed her? Why?" and I'm always answering "cast time... just the cast time... I started when she was still alive not knowing if your hit can get through without me helping...". Or similar situations when I start to use the skill only to see that my mates get knocked down from a tank/zerk while I'm casting which makes me unfreeze them so they can fall on the ground faster and get frozen there again. Yaaaay.
This is a scenario when the paladin is not halffrozen. When he is halffrozen the cast time is way more ridiculous. You can have a toilet break while you wait for the animation to finish then.

I totally agree with you on the "short time immune to debuffs" after being cured!

I don't get your last point. You get support points for both heals when the healed person kills, don't you? Only the powders don't give support points. You don't get CP for the big heal. And you don't get points when your healed target does not kill anyone. I once left a match with 0 points on ~100k healed HP in a game where we got our asses raped and nearly no one of our team was able to get one kill.

In general I can advice you to hang in there. You are sweet level 16(?) and have still a long way to go. Your equip gets better, your survivability gets better, you can kill annoying inqs soon, you heal much more when you get more mastery and better skilllevels and your teammates will know better how to protect their precious healer.

- Paladin -

Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old Klingon Proverb

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:06 am

paladin don't need buff . will be long to explain why you are wrong, i hope someone will do it or i will later ;)

tank cokeliko 20
heal lanonyme 20
frost cokelichnette 20
fire cocorico 20
sapper cokelaki 20
inqui cocolinette 20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

how to kill a game? ask panzar crew !

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:11 am

Thanks for the info man. Yeah the MAIN problem I have is sacrifice and resurrection the powders is just annoying. I agree with the blue powder being able to be held off on but the green I seem to need on to heal myself...then again I did just hit 18 and know for a fact I'm facing lvl 25+ because of my win/loss being so high. The yellow powder being used on to speed up the other powders is SUCH an amazing tip thinks for that man! Finally the points thing I do not think you get points for heavy healing. I'll force myself to light heal more and get 1-3 place always when I'm defending then I'll do heavy heals a LOT when I'm attacking and I end up in the last 3 positions. I don't see how healing the same amount should be such a difference. I don't know if I'm missing something else but i know for a fact when I light heal more I get like 10x points from heavy healing.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:22 am

Well Paladin class need more attention by Devs.They nerf the incoming skill to Paladin when u heal some1 instead of nerf another class like Inquisitors.LOL.As i said in another post that i have wrote once is that PALADIN is the only class that doesnt have even 1 defending skill.There is noway to escape if some1 focus on u like an Inquisitor.Even him he runs faster than u or can use root on u that u cant dispell it(another LOL) and then use holy fire o_O.SO PALADIN is the only class that is underpowered in PANZAR.For me Paladin + Sapper are the most hard and complicated class in the game.Melee classes like Inq+Bers are easy way since they kill very easy with 1-2 hits with only right click.Not even a skill or special skill o_O.These classes are unskilled.Every Inq full gear can do backstab or every Bers can jump and hit u randomly and then use the finishing blow on u.I repeat RANDOMLY PLAYERS cause are easy way classes.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:50 am

palleh wrote:
The second thing would be to put a debuff immunity on after it. I don't mean a long time 1sec even .5sec would be fine just enough so that my berserker can kill the witch before freezing again. It feels so pointless to cure frost just to have them refreeze right after it just because I reacted fast instead of slow.

Whut?

a) Ice witch often freezes in such a way that people are just frozen slightly before they would hit her. Sucker Punch, Shield Bash, Inquisitor Dust, Secondary attack. If you unfreeze, the unfrozen will finish his attack and the ice witch is dead, or at least interrupted.
b) If your people are just staying there, frozen, not stuck in an animation, why the heck do you unfreeze? Yes, they get just frozen again. And if you unfreeze, it's a complete wrong use of the skill, and not the skills fault.
c) You can try to guess what the witch will be doing. If she is alone, she is likely to do either cruel split or siren scream, depending on the types of frozen guys and how they are allocated. E.g. she wouldn't do it against a tank/zerk probably. Depending on the situation, and it happens to me often as ice, that the freaking pala unfreezes just as I start to roll or scream. Argh. And those skills are expensive and do sht against not frozen guys :(

I agree on the cast time though, using Purification could be a bit less delayed after pressing the button. But I don't know if the frost gets a bit a hard time then cause of c).
And you know, I focus similar problems. E.g. it's perfect for insta freeze. So I do it. Tank puts up shield during animation. Goodbye classpoints.
But I learn from this, e.g. make insta only if tank doesn't see me, make it from the back.

And I think you can learn from those problems too, like as said, don't unfreeze if none is stuck in an animation that would stop the ice witch. Maybe play ice yourself to see how she works and what she does when and how and why, so you will be able to use the powder way better.

I am very surprised that even my friend skhar writes that:
skhar wrote:
I totally agree with you on the "short time immune to debuffs" after being cured!

I don't know, but when I'm frozen whitout doing any animation and get cured, I can usually at least run out of the frost radius, unless I'm just next to the enemy ice. People also often call for "Heal" if a cure would make sense. Zerk would even be able to jump out. AFAIK tank could start to do a succesfull shieldbash. I don't know what your problem is.

As said I'm ok with faster casting, but not at all with immunity for 0.5-1s. The frost would basically be forced to freeze all those paladins first. Do you want that? *terrifying smiley face* :D Wait... That's what I anyway do. Never mind.

Basically I agree on your topic, that the Pala needs some overwork. I play him too and ya, some things are not optimal. Also @nos the lack of the escape skill is very understandable.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:37 am

Icy Tom wrote:
I am very surprised that even my friend skhar writes that:
skhar wrote:

I don't know, but when I'm frozen whitout doing any animation and get cured, I can usually at least run out of the frost radius, unless I'm just next to the enemy ice. People also often call for "Heal" if a cure would make sense. Zerk would even be able to jump out. AFAIK tank could start to do a succesfull shieldbash. I don't know what your problem is.
When I see my team being instafrozen it is nearly always useless to cure them. I stand there and wait for the witch to run in the crowd and start the normal freeze and maybe, when I'm not focused by 5 orcs and 2 inqs meanwhile, I can cure my teammates when the witch is about to stop freezing.
It would be nonsense to cure the instafreeze, because the icewitch is running in the crowd while I'm in the cast animation and when I finally cured them they get frozen again without the slightest possibility to react.
With a short immunity after cure the icewitch would at least not be able to take out the whole team on her own. She would need a teammate to help her survive the normal freeze time.

Or how about a very common scenario where your teammates are not 0.1 seconds from killing/interrupting the icewitch but lets say 1 second. They did not react in time or were caught in another skill animation when the witch started to freeze so they are in the very beginning of the attack against the witch when they are completely frozen.
When you cure them now, they still get a couple of new freezestacks before they finally hit the witch which makes them very vulnerable against other enemies and the paladin could think about to cure again and waste a total of 50 CP on this one witch, if there wasnt the annoying cooldown...

Furthermore it's not all about icewitches, you egocentric little lady ;)
You play a twink paladin, too, so I bet you experienced teammates spreading the plague from A to B to A to B to A ......
Or the AoE DoTs skyfire and inqui fire. It's so annoying to cure it and instantly have another 10 stacks because the animation takes so long before you can run away or see your 9 teammates still dieing on the instant new stacks although you just spent 25 CP to rescue them.

- Paladin -

Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old Klingon Proverb

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:15 am

Guys, you should really first play all classes to suntan point and than make sugestions..

The only thing wrong with purefication is that you CANNT interunpt it by pressing block or so!!!If you start it, you have to committ to it...

Resurection is a bit buggy(yesterday on tournament i resurected the enemy team!!!WTF)

Healing is a bit buggy as well(many times the enemy healer heals me and i get life!!)

The time to switch from healing to resturation is 2 secunds and this is @#$!!*!

Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:31 pm

nosforia wrote:
PALADIN is the only class that is underpowered in PANZAR.For me Paladin + Sapper are the most hard and complicated class in the game.

Can't check right now, but isn't palading the only class that is marked as a difficult to play at char creation ?

Orkslayer wrote:
Guys, you should really first play all classes to suntan point and than make sugestions..

Haven't seen a lone paladin that wasn't fed up of imbalance.
No wonder that so few healers hit 30, and still play.

Orkslayer wrote:
The only thing wrong with purefication is that you CANNT interunpt it by pressing block or so!!!If you start it, you have to committ to it...

Every character should be able to interrupt casting a skill, not only healer.
Due to in game lags popped out lately when I cast a big heal it sometimes starts to execute 2 secs later, when I'm in the middle of taking a block or doing anything else to save my own ass from being banged.

Orkslayer wrote:
The time to switch from healing to resturation is 2 secunds and this is @#$!!*!

Worse thing is that when I try to switch from healing to attack I end up censing the opponent instead of hitting him.
I'm not sure if it is bugged because of skills stacking, or it is just a matter of lags.

Apart of that, dying every 5 secs makes me leave the game, as w/o CP I cannot get into battle places and get any exp points.
Thanks goes to people who gained exp points only by loosing every match, and complete imbalance where paladin can't run away from being hit by any class or even with block pulled up can't resists 2 INQ RMB hits with 4-5K HP.

It's not that paladin should get more attention. It's that other classes have a huge battle advantage over his possibilities. And as there's no teamwork when playing a random matches, there's no fun playing a >20lvl healer.

Somebody mentioned here resurrection. I'm mostly pissed off after being resurrected because It takes crucial 1-2 second to notice what happened, and by this time I'm again dead, as this process mostly takes place during battle. Thus resurrected players should be somehow informed that they are going to be resurrected. Or even better, they should be spawned from a certain ‎height so they would know wtf is going on and at least have a chance to put a block.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]