View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Patch 33 is great, but I dislike some things 

Post Patch 33 is great, but I dislike some things
Don't get this thread wrong, I don't want to flame everything to death without any reason. I like PvE, I like the battlevalue, ...

But there are some things that I don't like at all and maybe others can add their points in here. Constructive criticism only please!.
- Fading out dead players' names is good but making the class symbol complete grey is annoying ("is that a frost or fire witch in the enemy team? can we expect insta freeze or skyfire on next respawn?" - "don't know ... grey symbol -.-") Maybe only fade out the names and color the battle value sign grey but not the class symbol?
- spectating others in the killcam is nice but when you click through the players and respawn you often perform a melee attack which removes your perma run buff. Maybe change the player switch from LMB/RMB to the movement keys for left/right?
- PvE: Permanent respawn of enemies during boss battles is annoying and reminds of closed area boss fights in modern bullshit shooters. Having waves of enemy spawns at specific events (e.g. boss HP 75%, 50% and 25% or whatever) is fine but infinite respawns kill every tactical elements. I think Zar has this event wave spawn without infinite respawn but the mini boss Varmund or whatever he is called seems to have infinite respawn of his adds.
- PvE:
Enemies range attacks can shoot way too long distances.
The range attacks which interrupt any attack and cast need to be nerfed to only have a proc chance, maybe 50%. Or a cooldown. It's annoying to be interrupted every second when there are 2+ enemies shooting at you from the other end of the map while you are in close combat with melees.
The skyfire-ish firebombs are too strong. Being hit by one or maybe two is okay. But 5+? Can the enemies shoot them without manacost or cooldown with 2km range? Maybe restrict that a certain area can only be hit by 1 of those bombs at a time. Or maybe 2. But having 5 stacks of the damage debuff instantly is too heavy.

edit: Dammit, I chose the wrong subforum :/ "Feedback and Suggestions" would have been better... Sorry

- Paladin -

Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old Klingon Proverb

Last edited by skhar on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:14 am

Post Re: Patch 33 is great, but I dislike some things
I agree with and support all the mentioned solutions.

Also would like to add something about after-battle-statistics. I hate them now ;o I did prefer when I could see the damage dealt and taken, and in general.. for me these stats aren't transparent at all.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:53 am

I forgot that one, Xylar. Yep, I like looking at how much damage I healed after the battle. Maybe they can add this numbers to the list we already see now with all the other statistics.

Another point:
- When teammates fell into the water they cannot be revived. You cant reach their tombstone and after the paladin revive skill they fall into the water again. Maybe "transfer" the tombstone and thus the revive position to the nearest shore so they are reachable and can be revived on a safe spot? This can be applied to PvP mode, too.

- Paladin -

Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old Klingon Proverb

Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:21 am

skhar,

Moved your post to Sugestions & feedback.

Quote:
Fading out dead players' names is good but making the class symbol complete grey is annoying ("is that a frost or fire witch in the enemy team? can we expect insta freeze or skyfire on next respawn?" - "don't know ... grey symbol -.-") Maybe only fade out the names and color the battle value sign grey but not the class symbol?

Do you really use this info for you game stratagy? hmm. I think this has never been the intention of the game builders, its the same thing als a gunner shooting at names in the mist, the name should not be displayed in the mist you should not bass you game stratagy on that info.

Quote:
spectating others in the killcam is nice but when you click through the players and respawn you often perform a melee attack which removes your perma run buff. Maybe change the player switch from LMB/RMB to the movement keys for left/right?

OK good suggestion, I'll make sure its on the list when feedbacks are asked. At the moment, and I verified at panzar it will not change, but use the game info and don't change the view the second before your respawn countdown is 0.

Quote:
PvE: Permanent respawn of enemies during boss battles is annoying and reminds of closed area boss fights in modern bullshit shooters. Having waves of enemy spawns at specific events (e.g. boss HP 75%, 50% and 25% or whatever) is fine but infinite respawns kill every tactical elements. I think Zar has this event wave spawn without infinite respawn but the mini boss Varmund or whatever he is called seems to have infinite respawn of his adds.

2 things you need to know, 1 as far as I have been able to test the number of respawn is limited at any point in the game. 2 the number of enemies is related to the difficulty lvl you choose.

Quote:
PvE:
Enemies range attacks can shoot way too long distances.
The range attacks which interrupt any attack and cast need to be nerfed to only have a proc chance, maybe 50%. Or a cooldown. It's annoying to be interrupted every second when there are 2+ enemies shooting at you from the other end of the map while you are in close combat with melees.
The skyfire-ish firebombs are too strong. Being hit by one or maybe two is okay. But 5+? Can the enemies shoot them without manacost or cooldown with 2km range? Maybe restrict that a certain area can only be hit by 1 of those bombs at a time. Or maybe 2. But having 5 stacks of the damage debuff instantly is too heavy.

Enemies range has been found too long by every tester and Panzar is talking about it.
PvE is still a team game, you need to change your stratagy for this way of playing. If you really want to know the russian tester finish PvE 9/10 time on very hard.

White Wolfs
White Wolfs P - White Wolfs B - White Wolfs T - White Wolfs G - White Wolfs S - White Wolfs FW - White Wolfs SF

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 am

To keep the overwiev, I shorten the quote:

Quote:
skhar: fading out enemy symbols upon death means I don't see the exact class anymore
Wolf: You really need that as an information source?

Yes, White Wolf, yes. As an Ice Witch, it's essential to know if there is a fire witch in the enemy team. Either I waste lots of class points by making useless Fire Shield's (in case of no fire witch), or I get burned (in case of fire witch). Of course, I check in the beginning, if there is an enemy mage. But people come and go during games due to DCs, Crashes and stuff. Therefore I often check for new mages during the respawn timer. And now, I simply can't be sure whenever I see a greyed out symbol. But also other things are interesting, like if there are 2 enemy inqui's or only one, and so on. The symbols of each races are so similar that they basically look the same when greyed out. It feels like a lack of information.

I have it every other game, that I experience a situation, after that I wanna check the enemy class distribution, no matter what I play. For example, when I play my Sapper, and it goes towards the decision if mortar or steam hammer with traps and walls. It's essential to know, how many ice, fire, orks and stuff is in the enemy team for it. And as I just check midgame, I can't be sure, because half of the symbols are grey.

Quote:
Enemies range has been found too long by every tester

And then you release it with the same range??? For what do you use testers??

Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:03 am

It kills the fun of playing especially if you dont have a tank or a healer (as for the range, on pve). No more fun, just heavy, hard, unpleasant trying to get through, like with a knife through frozen butter, using only teeth.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]