View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Colouring of (semi)frozen teammates after patch33 

Post Colouring of (semi)frozen teammates after patch33
Playing as Paladin, active heal mode. Playing with "back to the 90s" video settings.

Before the patch33 the colouring of (semi)frozen teammates changed compared to non-frozen/normal teammates. The colouring of frozen mates was thinner or weaker. Hard to describe ... too bad I don't have screenshots. Like the difference of writing bold and italic.
After the patch33 there is no more difference. Normal, semifrozen and full frozen all look the same now, which makes frostwitches and instafreezes very hard to identify in the middle of a group fight. Furthermore I got used to the pre-patch version ;)

Don't know if this was changed on purpose or as a byproduct of something else, but please change it back to the known pre-patch version.
Feel free to ask if you don't understand what i'm talking about and I will try to explain it better. Paladins who play on the 90s video settings, too, will probably know what I mean.

- Paladin -

Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old Klingon Proverb

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:07 am

Post Re: Colouring of (semi)frozen teammates after patch33
Is that true that you don't have any mist at the snowy map Expanse of Mists?;p
sorry, just felt the occasion

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:19 am

Yep, the fog definitely is an advantage, but that's not what I'm asking for. If they find a ressource friendly way to display the fog on back to the 90s settings without overburdening older hardware/graphic cards, I'm totally fine with it ;)

On higher video settings you see ice crystals around frozen guys and i don't know if there are more visual indicators. On the 90s settings you now have no indicator at all, everyone always looks the same.

- Paladin -

Old Klingon Proverb

Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:09 am

I noticed the change in the look of frozen guys too, and I like it.

If you play back to the 90's and report a 'bug', that you don't recognize people that are frozen, I can't take it serious. Nobody ever reported the lack of fog in the Mist map. Probably because lots of players abuse the 90's settings for it, although they could run the game on max. Also other things are more clearly visible, like the tank shield. I'm ok with those things, but in exchange, I am more than ok with some negative aspects of the 90's setting, like that you have no animation for frozen guys. Seriously, the major bug about the 90's setting was always the missing fog. Report that first, than we can talk about the frozen stuff. As long, I'm going Mr. Unsichtbar style: The solution is to set your graphics higher!!!

Imho the 90's setting is for guys that really couldn't play otherwise, although I don't know who that would be nowadays. My old computer (6 years) would run the game on high settings. I know your machine is not that old that you couldn't set the graphics just a little bit higher.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:32 am

I'm not reporting a bug here, it's normal feedback to a change that happened with the patch 33.
If you are not okay with the display of the effects on high video settings you are free to tell it on the forums here, too. I gave my feedback that I dislike that the visual indicator for frozen teammates is gone.

The age of my computer does not matter. On competetive multiplayer games I always stick with the lowest video settings to prevent framedrops in important situations.

- Paladin -

Old Klingon Proverb

Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:58 am
Panzar Studio

The effect was changed from shader to particle.
I do not like it either, however in increases stability and framerate.

I'll as the team to think of a way to highlight fully frozen enemies.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:52 am

For me personally this effect did not feel that much ressource hungry but client stability goes before convenience features, so I guess I have to get used to the new situation unless you find another way to give a visual feedback ;)

I'm really thankful that you put an effort into this topic so I hate myself for being pedantic... I don't know if we talk about the same thing, maybe they are related. You mention frozen enemies but I talk about teammates who were coloured differently in the heal vision from the paladin when they got frozen. That applied not only on fully frozen but on half frozen allies, too.
When being in attack mode, or on enemies in general, there never was a visual feedback.

- Paladin -

Old Klingon Proverb

Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]