View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Anti-Fun Factors 

Post Anti-Fun Factors
Game is really good on most aspects, and there are a few anti-fun factors that would be good to resolve, as they can get really frustrating.

1. Sisters of Fire were pretty balanced at lvl20 against lvl20's. However, at lvl30, classes are unbalanced. Sisters of Fire, in particular, are too weak compared to other characters. They die one-shot from melee characters, and don't deal enough damage. Balance the classes. At lvl30, melee characters (Inquisitor, Tank and Berserker) are over-powered. Frost Witch also gets high score for the single reason that they get support points of over-powered melees.

2. 1-shot kill from Inquisitor is no fun, especially when you can't do anything against it. With server lag, "turn and block" doesn't work, and their sword is so long that even if you jump or run away, you still die one-shot when you're 6 foot away. It gets even more frustrating when Inqs seek you out and kill you over and over again 1-shot.

So because I got frustrated with my Sisters of Fire losing all the time because of class equality, I created a gunner.

3. Failed constructions. 5 failed traps in a row is no fun, period. I'm also sometimes seeing failed Tesla coils and failed canons. Weird thing is... sometimes a trap fails and then after I die, 5 seconds later the trap appears? There's something wrong here.

4. Lately I've been seeing a game hack where a gunner would construct canons and teslas INSIDE rocks or BELOW the ground! It kills us and there's no way to attack it. Sky Fire did the trick, but it would have been nice to save it for something else.

Fixing these sources of frustration really would make a big difference in the game.

Mon May 12, 2014 6:21 am

Post Re: Anti-Fun Factors
1- Unbalanced classes - every class has a position to find and a role to play on the map. Fire Witches should be out of range of melee characters.

2- With Inquisitors, there is a small window of time to see them come out of the shadows to back stab you (the one-shot effect) - but with a little practice, players on support classes with less HP develop enough skill to block the attack - alternatively freezing, bumping or setting up traps to halt the inqui.

3- Sounds like you might be lagging (trap appearing after death). Failed traps might be linked to the entering and exiting of no-build zones. If you move into a no-build zone, there might be a short lapse of time before the build signal turns red (from green). According to our guys, this could explain the trap fails.

4- Yes we are aware of some gunners exploiting a bug in the textures and building themselves into the rocks and ground - and we hate it. Hopefully we will get it sorted. In the meantime, any player caught using the buggets an immediate 2 week game ban - if they do it twice, it's a permanent ban from Panzar.

Steps to report a cheating gunner - ONLY VIDEOS ACCEPTED:

- stream the guilty gunner and make sure we can see his nick somehow
- check what seconds on your stream we can see the cheat and the gunners name too!
- send your stream link to [email protected]

I will personnally take care of the ban - or my great colleage NoSoundNoWin will if he is a RU player.

Unhumbly, Your European Community Manager

Mon May 12, 2014 9:49 am

1. For class balance, fact remains, if you look at the average game score of various classes, for lvl30s, it's usually Inq, Berserker, Tank or Frost Witch who are at the top, with Fire Witch generally being way down.

2. Such fast reflex to counter only work in the area around Moscow with a good internet connection, and is a huge disadvantage for those who don't have that proximity to the server as there's no way to counter it with a higher latency. Geographical location shouldn't be the deciding factor as to who wins the game.

3. I'm not moving in and out of no-build zones. I'm building on plain ground without moving. If I try to put traps in the middle of a battle, it's generally worse, with maybe 1 out of 10 that can come out on the main point zone.

Generally, when I build on a clear flat zone, the first trap will fail and the 2nd one will come out, so I just do it twice. Tesla Coils don't fail as often, but the annoying thing is that whether they succeed or fail, they take up the class points anyway! CP comes back after 30 seconds or a minute, but during that time, I can't rebuild it.

Mon May 12, 2014 4:48 pm

There are lots of serious construction latency bugs that can often determine the outcome of a battle.

1. Failed constructions on flat surfaces -- although latency can't explain that

2. Teleporting canons sometimes fails, destroying the canon. Which means it teleports, but only partially.

3. Teleporting a canon right before it is destroyed. The canon teleports, but I cannot use it, nor can I reconstruct one.

4. Depleting mana/CP on failed constructions, which come back later. Mana and CP basically come and go randomly.

I'm playing with a latency of about 220-300ms.

Thu May 15, 2014 9:45 pm

If you try other classes, you will figure out that the rest of the classes have similar problems with skills and latensy. Before "the Merge" it was other game and the tipps one see on the waiting screen ware working(i mean run to avoid power atack and turn to avoid backstab)

Fri May 16, 2014 3:47 pm

A bunch of things have been improved with the latest patch, including some of these issues.

Unfortunately, the failed constructions bug is still there.

Sat May 31, 2014 9:21 pm

Mystery wrote:
A bunch of things have been improved with the latest patch, including some of these issues.

Unfortunately, the failed constructions bug is still there.

I haven't noticed inquisitor's longer time before backstab hit.
I still get a killing hit while running straight.

I can't even put a block after dropping a trap.
Lags are unbearable :|

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:42 pm

I believe Inqisitor power attack speed is a bit slower, but I don't yet know whether that changes anything in terms of avoiding it. I've only been trying the Gunner since the patch.

There has been several balance changes which is probably a good thing. However, the Gunner's long-range damage has been reduced and bullets are now blocked by allies instead of hitting enemies. These 2 things really are making the Gunner MUCH less powerful.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]