View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Matchmaking 
Post Matchmaking
The unbalanced matchmaking algorithm of Panzar is nothing new to us, specially to semi-new players; and therefore I'm not here to state the obvious.

There is just this rumor around (by rumor i mean it is not officially written AFAIK) that the maximum difference between the lowest and highest effectiveness of the players in a match is 900.

The only reason I'm spending the time to write this is to prove it wrong:

As you can see, the lowest BV in red team is 2801, while the highest BV, ofcourse, belongs to blue team and it is 3825.

Some complicated mathematical operation: 3825-2801=1024 (beautiful number btw; if you are into programming and computer language)

The average BV of red team: 3087.6
The average BV of blue team: 3351.3

Note to Panzar dev team: As a sister of fire with ~2850 effectiveness, there is no joy in playing against inQs with ~3800 (yes it happens often) in the enemy side. I rather wait for a balanced game for tens of minutes, than going into a very unbalanced match without even making it to the point throughout the whole game.

PS: For those wondering who won the match, of course blue team did. Superior tank, superior zerk, superior paladin (double check their BVs).

Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:50 pm

Post Re: Matchmaking
nothing new, also it's normal with the 50 people playing every night, play like it or wait 2 hours to play, i think it's obvious better to play unbalanced game like that ... even if both are bad :roll:

tank cokeliko 20
heal lanonyme 20
frost cokelichnette 20
fire cocorico 20
sapper cokelaki 20
inqui cocolinette 20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

how to kill a game? ask panzar crew !

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:10 pm
It's just getting worse!

Check this out, two frosts vs 0! yes 0 frost! Instead of bringing new "fancy" gears to leech the player's money, fix the game first.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:41 am
Post another one
Here is another example of the stupid matchmaking.
I know some good high school mathematics teacher in case Panzar's dev team would like to get educated. Contact me if interested.
However, i doubt anyone ever read this section of the forums. lol, feedback?! haha

Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:26 pm

There is no feedback because this is a normal thing for everyone :P

Bum Badiradira! Chodź kochanie, chodź!
    Nie bój, nie bój się Panzara, oo!

Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Headquarters,

I do read everything :)

And I asked the Studio about it.

They asked me a question back, did you have leavers in that match. Because if players leave the team can get stronger players, Adding replacements doesn't use the same rules for matchmaking.

White Wolfs
White Wolfs P - White Wolfs B - White Wolfs T - White Wolfs G - White Wolfs S - White Wolfs FW - White Wolfs SF

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:57 am
White Wolf wrote:
Headquarters,

I do read everything :)

And I asked the Studio about it.

They asked me a question back, did you have leavers in that match. Because if players leave the team can get stronger players, Adding replacements doesn't use the same rules for matchmaking.

White Wolfs it's nice to have you back, finally someone is reading the posts on the forum.

The one to the last screenshot, if you look closely at the points earned, you realize no body left either teams. In fact the match didn't last that long, you can imagine the whole team was frozen twice or three time and game was over.

And about the last screenshot, we had a way lower BV zerk who left the match and then Postal. joined instead. No one left the obviously winner team. Enemy was enjoying the match indeed.

Well, I wouldn't take the precious and valuable time
of the Panzar team if the teams were equal at the beginning. Unfortunately this is what I face very often.

Sometimes the BVs match if you do the math, but one team has superior Zerk+Tank+Frost, and the other team has superior sapper+fire+gunner,but the experienced players know which team is the winner in many maps that gunners and sappers wont have time to settle. These are just examples of how this algorithm currently works and this, needs to be fixed!

Thanks

Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Post Re: Matchmaking Game Que
I just started playing and am not even through the tutorials and I am already considering to stop playing as I match for a game there is no LOBBY to show time on next match or that people come in or out of the match to start a group. There should be a lobby why hasn't anyone thought of this already? I don't feel like I am playing a game when I am waiting unknown minutes between matches to even play, I sit looking at the same tips screens over and over again. Not cool.
And if there is not enough players "AI" replacements should be entered so people do not wait 20 minutes for a match. What a waste of my gaming time, waiting for a game to load or start.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:20 am

Hi,

There is no lobby after lvl 4 you have chat when you are waiting for a game. There you can talk and group up.

Waiting times depends on many factors.

White Wolfs
White Wolfs P - White Wolfs B - White Wolfs T - White Wolfs G - White Wolfs S - White Wolfs FW - White Wolfs SF

Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:40 am
The story goes on, and no reply from studio! why? because they know how terrible their system is.

Another example of the terrible matchmaking:

Blue team practically was playing with 6 players.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next