View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Used skill but no effect because of getting killed 

Post Used skill but no effect because of getting killed
This has happened before the merge so I don't want to blame the maybe higher latency, although it might be latency related.

I used revive and finished the cast time a splitsecond before I got killed. The -40 CP were taken from me so the game recognized me successfully casting the skill but no one of my dead teammates around me were revived and everyone remained being dead.
I experienced it with purification, too. I used the skill, 25 cp taken from me but showed no effect since I died right after using it.

I had a similar encounter when I used the ring of immortality skill some days ago. I activated the skill, got the CP removed, saw the animation and heard the sound but died right at the same time. Luckily I got the 60CP back after 1 or 2 seconds.

Even though this splitsecond things can not be fixed, can you at least implement the same "Has it worked? No? Here are your CP back."-check that the ring of immortality already has for the other skills? Not having the desired effect is bad enough, loosing the CP makes it even worse.

- Paladin -

Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old Klingon Proverb

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:42 pm

Post Re: Used skill but no effect because of getting killed
This is a old Problem.
Gunner has the same troubles with his Gun and the armor upgrade. Also the cooling system. Sometimes you use it, and you have after this cooldown on the skill. You loose also CP but no Upgrade here.
Also with Tesla and so on.

Every class has this problem with Pots, sometimes i want cancle the potion .. Maybe i must block or so.
And then, you have cooldown on the pot also you lost 1 pot, but you got no effect from this.

I Think every class has so troubles.

I have some Troubles with my block, because the high Ping. On my screen, i blocked the Powerattack or shieldstrike.. but i got also the dmg.
But this was also before the merge, i think the Server stay in fr. and some Fr. Inquisitor are rly hard to block, if they have a healer with yellow powder in the back.
It feels like a ping from 100-120 for me, and this inquis has like 20-30 Ping to the server..
So ya , this cant be fixed i think. what should they do? like a server in every region? so i must life with this ;)

AuniderIngi - Gunner
Aunderheiler - Healer
Auni - Inquisitor
Groruk - Berserk
Aunionfire - SoF
Aunii - Sapper

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:48 am

Agree that the problem with cp should be fixed. As for the latency, for me it happens only after the merge.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:00 am
Panzar Studio

Unfortunately it's due to ping problems. And so far we're unable to do anything about this matter. What would fix this - is the second step of global merge which will let us launch game sessions servers in the regions from where the players are connecting. Individually. Currently all the servers are located at one particular Data Center. And some of you may experience difficulties reaching it.

The good thing on the other side is that all the role parameters of the player are synchronized and calculated on the server, which causes the return of wasted Class Points in 20-50 seconds after an unsuccessful cast.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:48 am

KillReaL wrote:
The good thing on the other side is that all the role parameters of the player are synchronized and calculated on the server, which causes the return of wasted Class Points in 20-50 seconds after an unsuccessful cast.

*.* Is this sure and always happening? I hardly ever notice that I gain cp so I couldn't ever check if my lost cp were given back.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:50 am

seen that alot .. -60 cp and no skyfire
bullshiet ;d

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:19 am

This happens after the merge.The latency is big and the skill dont working but CP getting lost.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:44 am

Roxrite wrote:
seen that alot .. -60 cp and no skyfire
bullshiet ;d

Also happened to me. Sometimes you get cp back after a while, but in my experience most of the time you do not.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:40 am

It happened for me already before the merge so I don't know if it's only because of the ping but maybe because of the order how the querys are checked and executed by the game.
It's like the CP removal is handled before the skill effect is working. In this one splitsecond the client and server agree on "yep, he casted the skill, remove CP." but in the next splitsecond when it comes to the query for the skilleffect they say "nope, he is dead."

If there is already a double check behind it which gives the CP back after some time then I'm fine with it. I already saw this in action, as I got my 60CP(immortality) back after 2 seconds. But in the other case I did not get the 40CP(revive) back so I thought it's because of the different skills.

All the scenarios I describe require that I get killed directly after using the skill (after "cp removal" and before "skill effect"). I don't have problems loosing CP with no skill effect when I use the skills in a safe spot with no danger around me.

There are other cases which I experience quite often. I cast the skill, see the ending animation and hear the sound for the successful revive (others see and hear it too, my teammates confirm it in teampeak) but I die right after that and I neither get the desired revive effect nor lose the CP. Maybe a normal ping-related desync of client and server. Since I don't lose CP in this cases, I'm fine with it.

- Paladin -

Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old Klingon Proverb

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:36 pm
Panzar Studio

This really looks like high latency and ping problems.
Can you please ping 95.131.30.158? - it's one of the machines located in the very DC.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next