View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Talent Tree. 

Post Re: Talent Tree.
AllStar wrote:
Whats wrong with one class to have all abilities?
Too hard for you ?
Go play lego.

And you say i don't make sense... -.-

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:52 pm

AllStar, stop scarying Europeans :lol:
But, sory i agree with AllStar.
And please stop adding hihi in your every comment, thats cute. :?

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that he meant that you still retain all of you skills, but the trait/talent tree is just to tailor your character to your play style. He definitely gave examples, even if it was a big wall of text. :P

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Guys, please keep it civil.

If you don't agree to a suggestion, you're free to say so, but make sure to keep the feedback directed at the suggestion, not the person making it. Also, it'll be much more useful if you actually tell why you don't agree with the suggestion, than simply bash it. I don't want to bring out the banhammer if I can avoid it.

Follow Panzar at Facebook and on Twitter for real-time updates and notices!
Subscribe to our Youtube-channel for the latest videos!

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:41 am

AllStar wrote:
Whats wrong with one class to have all abilities?
Too hard for you ?
Go play lego.

I think you'll find out that the old WoWesque skill tree system is much more complicated than what's in the game currently.

He was suggesting multiple specs for each class, this would enable let's say a paladin to chose between going into AOE healing or single target.

Sun May 05, 2013 1:47 pm

hihihiok wrote:
I had an idea to help people better control their classes not sure if i phrased that in the way i wanted to but oh well. Anyway, what if in the altar tab there were 3 different sections for each class that would suit 3 different play styles for that character each would help make your character better at that portion of the class. For example the gunner's 3 different talent trees would be like "Rifleman" wich tailors his abilitys to be focused more on being a long ranged attacker makeing abilitys for his musket and passives to make it better. Then next one would be "Cannoneer" who specializes in useing his cannon to inflict damage on others and the things would help with passives makeing his cannon better as he gets more abilitys and such things like that. the next and last one would be the "Builder/Trapper" Who speciallizes in makeing building to aid his team liek bear traps mines med-kits or eletric fences of some sort! it would be really could and could help each class have even more options then they did before! Hope you guys do something like this in the future as i like to use my gunner for his musket wich seems really weak at the moment. Thanks!
Hopefully that picture will help a little bit...

-Hihi

Personally, I disagree with this WoW style for this game. This game suits the TF2 style way more; each class has only 1 "spec," but they are all unique in terms of gameplay features and playstyle, they have their own roles, and are able to counter each other well. That way when you look at the class symbol or look at the character itself, you think, "hey, that's a gunner, I need to do so-and-so to avoid him and kill him," or, "hey, that's an ice witch, I gotta watch if she dives in and tries to freeze me." If you introduce specializations in the game, teams and individuals can't compete as well with their opponents since they don't know what spec they are. Now someone might counter-point and say, "well isn't that fair since both teams won't know?" While it IS fair, that doesn't mean it is any fairer than it was previously was and it doesn't mean the competition is healthier for it. By having no specializations, everyone knows who you are and what class you are (with the same spells and abilities like everyone else in the class); your success relies exclusively on your skill and experience in the game, not on any gimmicks or surprises. The ONLY way I would agree with your method (though I would still be quite hesitant) is if there was someway the opposing team could see which spec's there opponents went for, like changing the class symbol or something to that effect. Because if you don't do that, you're just shooting in the dark and would have to remember each and every opponents spec's in the midst of fighting.

-Nick (that's me)

Sun May 05, 2013 6:31 pm

I just posted another thread proposing somthing close to this one, but not the same thing, so i felt i had to write my opinion here 8-)
This is my post btw: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9587

As i exposed in mine, i like customization, i wish each character would have a build of choices from his owner. I dont like each character being same thing as other in his class :shock: I like variety. So i agree in this point but..

I totally disagree in the trees point. Skills may have requirements, as they actually do, but i dont like to separate them in 3 trees. We finally would have 3 mini-classes in each class. Thats what happens in the game with the exposed tree. I like more varity than that.

At all, if i had to choose between the actually 31 skills points system or the tree one, i would get the second one. A spanish proverb says: colours make tastes (free own traduction :mrgreen: ).

Wed May 08, 2013 7:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2