View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
My experience so far 

Post My experience so far
Hey everyone.

I haven't really played for that long, and i've sticked to one class. Currently i'm half way to level 7, as a fire mage.
Which i've had a fairly fun way of playing, and i definently think it's the character for me.

One thing i've noticed is that it seems that it let every level range into every level range. That've caused me an issue with the dudes that run in stealth (Sappers?) that can go over and oneshot me. As i'm a new player this have annoyed me abit, though it haven't really been an issue. Before a game i had, Where there was on guy that only did that, and i was the only ranged on that team.
Not only that but the guy also seemed to be pimped out as much as he could. (Possibly buying stuff to get op?) This caused a frustration in me, and i'm wondering if i've made a mistake or if the gameplay simply is like that.

The thing next thing've noticed, is that the items seem too hard to make, while leveling up, for players that don't buy crystals. When i unlocked the level 7 items, i started savin up for them. I'm half way to level 7 and i can't even make one of them. I can afford the recipe for 2, but i can't make any of them.
This puts me in a position where i have to chose between items, and it really all seems like an upgrade to me.

I like the idea of the game but it just overall makes me confused about what to do.
I have to admit i bought the 3 day premium, and even with that this game seem to make me need to pay more money to get items as i level up, and not only that but i can also just chose to level up by crystals. (WTF?)
Doesn't that sorta ruin the entire point of having statistics? as i've seen on the website, and more important than that, doesn't it ruin the entire part of learning how to play?

Overall this is a fun game where i'd definently be able to spend alot of time with friends and so on. But it really needs a level range for matches, and some of the timers need to be rebalanced specifically in the Attacker vs Defender maps. 15 mins is just way too long, everyone will break through unless one team massively overpowers the other team.

I know this is a game where you have to earn money somehow by buying items or similar. But please do so the guy that doesn't pay for the game, also have the option of getting items while he levels. Don't do what SWTOR did, a guy playing for free is going make more matches, and he'll probably tell his buddies about it aswell, increasing the income.
The buisness strategy seems way too much Pay2win as others have stated, which seems to make it a necessity instead of an option.

Also just a suggestion to get more people on premium wagon. Aswell as showing what you could've earned you could give a free 2-3 hour or even 1 day of premium on the FIRST character.

Cheers.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]