View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Couple of Suggestion's from a New Player 

Post Couple of Suggestion's from a New Player
Hello Panzar community.

I play a lot of competitive game's and this one was brought to me by my brother. A new player who has interest in the game to me is the most vital information and perspective you can get. In so many words.. first impression's count. I want to start by saying I am a new player who want's to see the absolute best brought out of this game. Being that I am a new player I won't touch any balance issues with classes but I will comment on matchmaking.

* The game modes and maps

There need's to be more of an introduction to the map. A lot of new player's are just thrown into the pit of battle and their only means of learning is to watch a seasoned player carefully. My first two game's were irritating.. the third game I was so overwhelmed with happiness that in all cap's I had to let my entire team know that I finally understand the game.

Possible Solution's (I understand that some of these may be impossible for a Dev team to achieve in a short period of time but Dev's can take pieces of idea's from the community and blend them with their own idea's and utilities)

Single player Mode - A Player can practice game mode's against bot's. Can be quick and shitty in the beginning.. something is better than nothing.

Cut scene prior to the start of the game or eliminating the bland "waiting/loading" screen and showing a cut scene there. In order to eliminate the waiting/loading screen and put a cut scene you'd have to give player's the ability to choose which mode's they'd like to play but continue to randomize the map's to keep it competitive.

The cut scene can be something as simple as panning over the map and having a narrator describe the mode and pan over the wood, tnt, structures, etc very quickly for a brief description of the map, mode, and utilities. The cut scene can also utilize the 40 second's player's wait before the match start's. It would be absolutely amazing to be able to skip the cut scene and sit in game for those 40-50 second's like normal as some people use this time to discover their best place of attack.

* Match Making

Very serious problem.

The current match making system destroys your game. I can't say it any other way. The only reason why is because you have people who don't want to level up and they become indestructible object's UNTIL more people do the same. This is what I like to call "Twink" syndrome. Instead of getting rid of the option to choose whether you want gold or to level, which for multiple reasons I don't care to write about because it's a great feature that shouldn't be touched, you should adjust the match making.

Match making should be according to stat's. Every stat, rune, amulet, shard, etc. should be taken into consideration before a match is made. As Dev's who made a true gem in the competitive arena industry of gaming I have faith in you that you can figure out a way to do this. This is the only way you can keep the game how it is but pit equally geared individual's against each other. Later in the game you can implement rated game mode's so you can have the true competitive play so battle is no longer just about going against strong geared opponent's but also about strong wit and understanding of your class and other classes.

I'm sure I'll have more to add in the time to come. Thank you for reading what I have so far.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:23 pm

Post Re: Couple of Suggestion's from a New Player
Hi Yeh_Budii!

Thank you for the constructive feedback! I won't comment specifically on the suggestions; that's more a job for the development team, but as you suggested, feedback like this gives great ideas for future features. While the solutions may be different, I hope we can soon address the issues themselves to keep improving the game. Meanwhile, I hope you'll enjoy the game and post more feedback! :)

Follow Panzar at Facebook and on Twitter for real-time updates and notices!
Subscribe to our Youtube-channel for the latest videos!

Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]