View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
My feedback as a new player. 

Post My feedback as a new player.
Made a forum account just for this post, there are some positives in here, but be warned my experiences were largely negative sadly.

Pros:

1. Very nice graphics, and slightly above average animations. (Few very ugly animations among mostly great ones.)
2. Interesting class choices, and I found myself liking 3 of them playstyle wise.
3. Overall fun feel of combat, not absurdly fast paced like most garbage mobas these days, and not too slow as to be boring, just perfect.

Cons:

1. Stealth seemed overwhelmingly powerful, with no counter at all that I could find. It just seemed to beat every other class. (This may have been due to issues 3 and 4 below.)
2. I kept trying match after match to get to the siege battle listed on the webpage, but it was the same boring slugfest battle over and over and over again in a 30 by 30 meter arena. You need to be able to choose what type of match you play.
3. Time it takes to get an actual match, I know this is likely due to low playerbase and perhaps largely due to all these issues with that game, but I'll put it out there I was waiting upto 35 minutes for a game at one time.
4. Pay to Win cash shop, the point when I just about decided to quit playing was when I saw you could pay to win every battle. This payment method will kill your game faster than anything on this earth.
5. No balance WHATSOEVER when it came to the matchmaker. This is the reason I won't be playing this game anymore, and the reason I will tell others to avoid this game if anyone in any of my gaming communities or elsewhere asks me about the game. It seems to match a little level 2 player like me against godmoders in what I can only assume is armor and weapons forged by the gods themselves. I feel like a level 1 vs a level 1000, where I am one hit killed by everyone, and my attacks bounce off them like I was using a foam wifflebat. This system cost you me as a player, and everyone I ever talk to about your game. I suggest you change this before more people do the same, and the press on the game gets so bad as to repel most potential players before they even try it.

As it stands the game is in an unplayable state for me, and so I'm moving onto better games in my opinion. I may or may not ever check back in to see if it has improved, many others who come to play this are likely to also move on when they see such a game riddled with gamebreaking issues. I hope you can address these issues before it's too late for your company.

I hope these insights have helped, and hope you manage to turn this game around. I don't mean any insult by anything in this post, I'm just being honest in what I liked and what I hated about your game. Best of luck. :)

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:22 am

Post Re: My feedback as a new player.
how many hours you played that would understand all this?

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:31 am
Profile ICQ

wargan wrote:

About 18 hours of playtime. And when I say playtime, I mean with the client loaded, since the wait time for most matches was between 10 minutes and an hour each. Altogether I played about 10 matches. The issues listed were obvious from the first match. (Except maybe the issues with the stealth class. But then like I said, that have been entirely due to the other issues.)

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:00 am

wargan wrote:

As a Level 10 account i think Blackomen is pretty much spot on.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:45 am

Hey blackomen!

I'm happy to note that the pros you listed were of the main issues, getting the pace of the combat just right for example, is something that's incredibly hard to change later on, unlike for example balancing specific skills or abilities, or crystal usage.

Regarding the cons, thank you for the feedback. We are quite aware of the issues in getting into matches, and while that is constantly getting better as more people find their way to the game, in some (read "high") brackets the problem will still persist for some time.

Oddly enough, your points four and five, about the pay-to-win and match balance, are also related to the player base, though indirectly. While the higher tier of gaming is unavailable before more people reach it, some of the items that can be bought with crystals are very hard to get without them. However, once players play in the higher brackets, which reward characters with more resources, they have a much better chance to craft these items themselves instead of paying crystals for them. Admittedly, right now, using crystals for low level characters does give a big benefit that otherwise is very hard to achieve. We will monitor this and see whether it needs to be directly addressed via game changes, or will growing the player base fix the issue on its own. Related to this, the matchmaker can only create the matches based on the available players. The more players are in the queue, the better balance the matches will reach.

So in the end, I hope you will come back for another go later on; as you mentioned, the fundamentals are working out well, so once the player base reaches the level the balance was designed for, I think you'll find the game highly enjoyable. In the meantime, best of luck to you too! :)

Follow Panzar at Facebook and on Twitter for real-time updates and notices!
Subscribe to our Youtube-channel for the latest videos!

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:56 am

Blackomen wrote:
Made a forum account just for this post, there are some positives in here, but be warned my experiences were largely negative sadly.

Pros:

1. Very nice graphics, and slightly above average animations. (Few very ugly animations among mostly great ones.)
2. Interesting class choices, and I found myself liking 3 of them playstyle wise.
3. Overall fun feel of combat, not absurdly fast paced like most garbage mobas these days, and not too slow as to be boring, just perfect.

Cons:

1. Stealth seemed overwhelmingly powerful, with no counter at all that I could find. It just seemed to beat every other class. (This may have been due to issues 3 and 4 below.)
2. I kept trying match after match to get to the siege battle listed on the webpage, but it was the same boring slugfest battle over and over and over again in a 30 by 30 meter arena. You need to be able to choose what type of match you play.
3. Time it takes to get an actual match, I know this is likely due to low playerbase and perhaps largely due to all these issues with that game, but I'll put it out there I was waiting upto 35 minutes for a game at one time.
4. Pay to Win cash shop, the point when I just about decided to quit playing was when I saw you could pay to win every battle. This payment method will kill your game faster than anything on this earth.
5. No balance WHATSOEVER when it came to the matchmaker. This is the reason I won't be playing this game anymore, and the reason I will tell others to avoid this game if anyone in any of my gaming communities or elsewhere asks me about the game. It seems to match a little level 2 player like me against godmoders in what I can only assume is armor and weapons forged by the gods themselves. I feel like a level 1 vs a level 1000, where I am one hit killed by everyone, and my attacks bounce off them like I was using a foam wifflebat. This system cost you me as a player, and everyone I ever talk to about your game. I suggest you change this before more people do the same, and the press on the game gets so bad as to repel most potential players before they even try it.

As it stands the game is in an unplayable state for me, and so I'm moving onto better games in my opinion. I may or may not ever check back in to see if it has improved, many others who come to play this are likely to also move on when they see such a game riddled with gamebreaking issues. I hope you can address these issues before it's too late for your company.

I hope these insights have helped, and hope you manage to turn this game around. I don't mean any insult by anything in this post, I'm just being honest in what I liked and what I hated about your game. Best of luck. :)

Having played a paladin for 10 levels I disagree on few of the points.

1) Stealth(Inqs to be more precise) are countered by blocking. Some issues arise when people have amulets + paladin buffs but if you take notice of what is happening around you and have quick reflexes you can block them quite easily. There are counterplay options against inquisitor, but I understand that new players especially new to action games might struggle against them. Later on inquisitors fall behind compared to what others gain, but their early levels /w amulets are undoubtedly strong especially since most of the players aren't running with full sets of amulets at the moment.

2) You rarely see "arenas" after you hit lvl5. The other game modes are rather complex compared to the arena mashups which fit new players perfectly.

3) Big issue, extremely big issue. Because the game is balanced at 30 it's annoying that we simply can't progress to the level cap currently. I queued last night for few hours without games and I've been on queue while writing this reply. 15min is something I would find acceptable, anything beyond that is not. 5v5 arena matches would be nice untill the population gets good. (More advertising!)

4) Sure people who pay are ahead but you can earn everything by playing the game. Personally I'd like to see everything else but the subscription (premium) go out of the window so putting effort to your characters actually had a meaning. Currently you can buy everything but levels with crystals (cash shop currency) which is quite lame. Maybe developers could try a bit softer approach to CS in the EU version, instead of making everything buyable.

<< My suggestion is to keep the premium system, but erase crystal purchase on ALL ITEMS & AMULETS causing these to be earned by playing. Cosmetical items & dyes should stay CS as these don't affect the matches themselves. >>

5) When you start out, you should be a punching bag. That's what progression is. The game's matchmaking is tiered so you aren't fighting "godly" players from start. When I started out my priest I felt like I couldn't do anything but getting few levels in, I was really changing the tides. A lot of new titles don't do this, but I like how you actually "gain power" by playing.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:34 pm

As a new player I found Inquisitors to be annoying at first, just randomly getting 1 hit by them. I have since learned to scroll the camera all the way out and pay much more attention to my surroundings, then if you see one close just turn and block. Same for berserkers that used to 1 hit me, just sprint away when they charge attack :)

Wed May 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Lagoz wrote:
Blackomen wrote:

Pros:

Cons:

Having played a paladin for 10 levels I disagree on few of the points.

1) Stealth(Inqs to be more precise) are countered by blocking. Some issues arise when people have amulets + paladin buffs but if you take notice of what is happening around you and have quick reflexes you can block them quite easily. There are counterplay options against inquisitor, but I understand that new players especially new to action games might struggle against them. Later on inquisitors fall behind compared to what others gain, but their early levels /w amulets are undoubtedly strong especially since most of the players aren't running with full sets of amulets at the moment.

2) You rarely see "arenas" after you hit lvl5. The other game modes are rather complex compared to the arena mashups which fit new players perfectly.

3) Big issue, extremely big issue. Because the game is balanced at 30 it's annoying that we simply can't progress to the level cap currently. I queued last night for few hours without games and I've been on queue while writing this reply. 15min is something I would find acceptable, anything beyond that is not. 5v5 arena matches would be nice untill the population gets good. (More advertising!)

4) Sure people who pay are ahead but you can earn everything by playing the game. Personally I'd like to see everything else but the subscription (premium) go out of the window so putting effort to your characters actually had a meaning. Currently you can buy everything but levels with crystals (cash shop currency) which is quite lame. Maybe developers could try a bit softer approach to CS in the EU version, instead of making everything buyable.

<< My suggestion is to keep the premium system, but erase crystal purchase on ALL ITEMS & AMULETS causing these to be earned by playing. Cosmetical items & dyes should stay CS as these don't affect the matches themselves. >>

5) When you start out, you should be a punching bag. That's what progression is. The game's matchmaking is tiered so you aren't fighting "godly" players from start. When I started out my priest I felt like I couldn't do anything but getting few levels in, I was really changing the tides. A lot of new titles don't do this, but I like how you actually "gain power" by playing.

You only buy the recipe, they still must craft it.

Wed May 01, 2013 4:27 pm

I love cookies so your argument is invalid.

I disagree with this, In this game it down to skills I've been up against people who have nice bright pink gear so you know they've put money into the game and most time i come better off.

If someone stealth's just remember they De-Stealth before they can power attack you, you can block this or run it's easy to do if you can't that's your skills level, Also if they stealth in front of you watch if your running forward and your char moves to the side or slows down it means you've just run into him so just attack then he'll De-stealth.

Thanks.

Sun May 05, 2013 2:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]