View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
New player - impressions and opinions 

Post New player - impressions and opinions
Hey guys, started playing Panzar two days ago and I'm having loads of fun (for the most part) so far.
I'm level 6 on my "main" (inquisitor) so remember that my points may be invalid for later levels.

Pros:

+Beautiful looking game - even when not maxed, it looks better than most triple A titles!

+Great animations, again, really well done

+Pacing of the game feels just right - it's fast enough to be exciting but not a complete zergfest - which is awesome!

+Sound is great also, usually I find that hearing couple of the same sounds over and over gets annoying (in most games) but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

+Fantastic map design (for the most part) - really innovative and well done - my personal favourite has to be the arena where the floor falls into lava - awesome!

+Great UI and menus - there's good bit of depth without making it over the top and confusing.

+Nice variety of classes, something most games lack, again massive props for making classes that hugely vary in playstyle from each other.

Cons:

-Matchmaking - I understand this might be due to the fact the game isn't super popular yet - but putting level 1 and 2s against level 4s is NOT fair. Not only because level 4 players have superior gear, but because they have much more experience - especially since you can XP lock yourself at lvl 4. A way of fixing this would be to put levels 1&2 against each other only and not include level 4s. Again, only possible if there are enough players available.

-Poorly explained gamemodes - the King of the Hill gamemode is pretty much self explanatory, but first time I played the siege/rush gamemode (where you have to capture a number of points while pushing enemy team back) - I had NO IDEA what to do. I knew we had to capture the points, but I didn't know you could use the stacks of planks to make barricades etc. There should be a tutorial for this in my opinion.

-Skilltrees are unfortunately not very exciting. Most of the points feel like they have to be dumped into simple stat buffs - e.g Martial arts or Faith (for Inquisitors). Those are purely a question of: 'Do you want to see bigger number?' It's a no brainier really, while upgrading the invisibility isn't necessary since mana drain is very minimal anyway... I'm just hoping the system is reworked somehow, allowing us more control over the character, perhaps more active abilities instead of those passive ones is a good idea?

-Enchanting... Try flipping a coin 20 times in a row... The probability you will do that is incredibly small. I think there should be a progressive decrease in the chance of failure as the item rank increases. I understand a gold sink is necessary, but this one seems very contrived.

-Plans for items such as medallions require way too many materials - I've been playing for ages and I haven't even gotten one Copper Ore/Copper. I understand the F2P path should be more grindy, but right now I think it's a little bit too excessive. While the amount of mats required for potions is spot on perfect!

-While all classes seem balanced, the fact that Gunners can create incredibly difficult to destroy turrets in incredibly hard-to-get-to places is infuriating. As suggested in this thread: http://www.panzar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9531

-When attacking an enemy with melle there is very little "feel" of you actually doing damage or getting hit. You see numbers yes, or your health drops, but there is a definite lack of "oompf" when striking an enemy

Overall though, the pros outweigh the cons considerably, however, I feel that the game could become even better if the things I have mentioned are looked at.
Thanks for the great game guys, I'll be definitely spending some money on it, this game deserves it.

Forgot to add, I would like to see more cosmetic items being available via either the cash shop or by using in-game currency. The armor dyes are pretty expensive and if they don't stay on your gear once you upgrade it, that means less people will buy them.

Last edited by Jom on Sun May 05, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Post Re: New player - impressions and opinions
You different materials at different levels i get copper at level 10+ it's just because your low level that's all.

Sun May 05, 2013 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]