View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Competitive gamer's feeling about current matchmaking 

Post Competitive gamer's feeling about current matchmaking
As a competitive gamer (I play competitive CSGO in CEVO and ESEA) i feel like the match making is extremely lack luster. I know this game is newly released, and i am not exactly sure if the dev's are trying to gear this game towards competitive play. But i do know that competitive play is what keeps a game alive in the long term. Game series like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Quake, and the FPS/RTS hybrid Savage are all still standing today because of their extensive competitive scene's.

What this game needs is a type of ELO rating for match making, and separate match making queue's for casual game's, rated games, and a queue for pre-made teams.

An ELO system would prevent cases of bad matchups. I would suggest that they at least extend the level bracket's for match making also with this. It kind of almost solves the problem with cash shoppers gearing low level toons. A level 1 toon can be as good as a level 4 player, even with less gear. Gear is important but player skill is more important. It stands to reason that a better player will have a higher score, and that if a player has a higher score because of gear that person will also be given a higher ELO rating because of their high score. At least helping out the balance issues.

The match making queue's are obvious. It would operate closely like LoL's queue system. In fact just like it. I am a bit lazy to describe it here so just look it up if you can :p Also including the penalties.

The only problem i can see with implementing these suggestions, is the low player base might prevent quick queue's. But in honesty i think players wouldn't mind 5 minute more queue's for a better game.

Sorry if these were in another thread, and sorry if my writing is a bit erratic.

Sun May 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Post Re: Competitive gamer's feeling about current matchmaking
While i do agree, i certainly do think that other features has to be looked upon before implementing this type of feature. Been browsing the forums a bit, and most of the stuff i come upon is about the "Pay 2 win" model.

But once again, i totally agree and i see where you're coming from. A more competitive scene would make the game much more interesting, and attract much more players. Take Smite for example, they're in quite late Beta, but they're already going hard on the competitive front, which seems to serve their game quite well. 8-)

This game is meant for players which are a bit more serious, and even though it's highly possible for a "kid" to jump into the game and play, i think it'll take more time to learn then to play e.g. League of Legends. And with a more "mature" audience, a more competitive side to the game is a exciting feature i am hoping to be added as soon as possible

//Lack

Mon May 06, 2013 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]