View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Balancing berserkers? 

Post Balancing berserkers?
So I have been playing Panzar for weeks now, after my tank reached level 5, the game just seemed ridiculous.
Especially against those berserk with loads of health and as much defense as us, Tanks.
I can barely reach the center without being thrown away by some 3-4 berserks from the same team.
The damage, health and defense of berserks defies the purpose of tanks.
My chances against a berserk are slim, because I just have to keep holding the CTRL , if even by mistake I let my finger off it i get thrown away with almost all my hp gone, stunned and the guy can just mingle his way to my corpse and lay the finishing blow.
So could the development team just balance this issue?
Thanks.
P.S: I do not know if this issue was brought up before, so my apologies if it was the case.

Tue May 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Post Re: Balancing berserkers?
Sorry but you still haven't played it enough time.
Good balance in this game comes after Lv10+ with new skill tiers.
It could seem like berserker it's much stronger because he has got a good dmg/survivability advantage since the beginning,
while other classes have got weak spots.
But those skills coming after lv10 cover their needs rebalancing the game, i would even say the opposite to your opinion.
Imo this game is much more balanced than lots of other games out there past and present.
Play more with tank and you'll see by yourself :)

Tue May 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Really? thanks for the info.
And level 10 seems still far out of reach :roll:
Unless compromising golden coins for experience.
Edit: The only problem that needs to be dodged now, is not to choose the wrong skills to level :lol:

Tue May 28, 2013 8:53 pm

I feel that zergers are way to OP even after lvl 10
As an inq I am no match against them and going head to head with them is suicide. They have nearly 10k HP (I have something around 3k) and the best of all is their shield break skill, by which they one hit kill me even if I block. Also their normal PA feels too much OP, since if your reaction is just a bit too slow, or you are not expecting it, and he`s PA hits you, you are good as dead, since he easily finishes you of.
I tried everything, even spitting poison on him and heaving attack speed increased, but still is a no go to have a balanced fight against zerger, since when he is like 1/3 of HP, he just drinks potion and is ok to finish me...
When I dont have the luck to catch such zerger after fight, or somewhere near a gunner or tesla coils, the best thing for me is to run away and go for other targets, because fighting the zerger is a futile waste of time.

Tue May 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Enigma wrote:
I feel that zergers are way to OP even after lvl 10
As an inq I am no match against them and going head to head with them is suicide. They have nearly 10k HP (I have something around 3k) and the best of all is their shield break skill, by which they one hit kill me even if I block. Also their normal PA feels too much OP, since if your reaction is just a bit too slow, or you are not expecting it, and he`s PA hits you, you are good as dead, since he easily finishes you of.
I tried everything, even spitting poison on him and heaving attack speed increased, but still is a no go to have a balanced fight against zerger, since when he is like 1/3 of HP, he just drinks potion and is ok to finish me...
When I dont have the luck to catch such zerger after fight, or somewhere near a gunner or tesla coils, the best thing for me is to run away and go for other targets, because fighting the zerger is a futile waste of time.

Sounds inquisitors are having it really bad!
Well I can stand against an zerk, but I have to keep blocking permanently and when I'd nearly finished him off, he use the jumping skill and drink potion.
I mean Tanks are the ones supposed to have the Jump skill, since we need to jump into the middle and protect teammates from incoming fire :|

Tue May 28, 2013 11:39 pm

keep on playing and you will find yourself able to onehit sappers and paladins as a tank ;)
stats and abilities of the classes are quite strange in this game.

Wed May 29, 2013 10:57 am

That's not really true, it's more complicated than that.

@Enigma
Maybe you are using a wrong playstyle and you're facing directly berserkers or tanks.
Inquisitors are much stronger after level 10 and they can one shot with powerful backstabs, poison is also a DoT very strong which takes out like 80% of life in a few seconds.
There are some inquisitors out there which achieve high scores and you'll surely meet them.

@dark50killer
Jumps? Tanks get a grappling hook (which gives also points) and a VERY FAST shield knockdown, both are very strong if rightly used ;)

Remember it also depends from level and gear.
The first levels pass 10th (between 11-14) are very hard compared to level 5-10 cause the matchmaking system puts you in a larger player tier and you can meet lvl 17-20s, which have legendary gear boosting them.

Scores depends also by team compositions, because points are earned in different ways by classes (example: tank earns support points by making the wall in a match with gunners).

PS: Tbh the real issue in this game are only Amulets and trinkets which gives a P2W advantage and are nearly impossible to craft for non-paying players.

Wed May 29, 2013 11:06 am

Now that you mention amulets, I have played against a Tank called Espire , he was able to one hit kill inquisitors,sappers, and witches.
He also took over half of my health with one hit.
What kind of witchcraft is that....

Wed May 29, 2013 11:31 am

that witchcraft is called bad game design

Wed May 29, 2013 11:46 am

Quote:

@Enigma
Maybe you are using a wrong playstyle and you're facing directly berserkers or tanks.
Inquisitors are much stronger after level 10 and they can one shot with powerful backstabs, poison is also a DoT very strong which takes out like 80% of life in a few seconds.
There are some inquisitors out there which achieve high scores and you'll surely meet them.

yeah, every class gets stronger after lvl 10 and that goes also for zergers... I know I can deal lots of dmg and do quite good killing, but still going 1v1 against zerger is a waste of time, unless I would be willing to pay for some extra boosting eq. Zerger has just too much HP and dmg to feel equal fight with inquisitor. And trust me, it is very hard to backstab a good zerger at least once in a fight.

Wed May 29, 2013 12:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next