View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
tank guide / gameplay / tips 

Post tank guide / gameplay / tips
hello everyone, here come my guide update from my time playing since now.
i will take a part of "Remorr " topic that was well made and complete it.

presentation

Tank is one of core classes, essential in both defense and attack.
Strong sides:
Large amount of HP and strongest block in game make him hardest to kill.
Effective single-/multi-target disable skills.
Magic shield.
Weak sides:
Small dps comparing to other melee classes but can participate effiently to kills
Some people find his gameplay boring. Everyone is busy killing stuff and you are just standing near, holding the shield. It's not really true, but if you are not ready for this: you'd better look for another class.
Name of the class may confuse some players with MMO RPG past, but he's not damage absorber, he can kill. In fact he can kill anyone in duel, but killing poor little things is not his main task.
remember that masteries works on spells that got damage.
as a tank u need to have a great overview to help your team. u must try to know what will coming while looking at the global situation.

spells

magic shield can block nearly everything , range and melee attacks, it drains your mana and shut it down faster if beeing hit by damage.

the range weapon use a part of your stamina when u throw a shot, it hit a zone damage, can be used with a Sight by right click the spell.

reward for the warrior, a passive spell, it give you some CP ( class points ) after a kill.

Warrior fumes, this spell will give u more attack damage per stack, but will decrease your blocking % ( 5 stack max, u can cancel it when u want )

these 3 passive spells grants u a bonus masterie and life.

block master, each kind of block ( range or melee damage ) give you back a part of your stamina

shield master, this passive spells will give you a bonus at block ( 90% to 95% max lvl ) you will move a little faster while blocking too.

invulnerability, this spell will makes you Inssensible to all kind of damage ( there are 2-3 spell that can affect you by memory )

shield strike, this spell will eject people in front of you, it also deal some damage.

battering ram, this spell allow you to eject players that you meet on the ground if they don't block your course, the cast duration is 5 sec atm.

chain, this spell allow you to return a player in front of you if he was in range ( only ennemy can be chain )

gameplay and tips per spells

let's go with the magic shield:

it's the more important spell for the tank, it's like your heart and your teammates will love you for that.
the magic shield protect you and mates from many damage/spells, as a tank you must follow in priority frostwitch to protect them beeing freeze, and push them to gain a battle of freeze.
of course you will goes everywhere but keep in mind that on the spot, the core defense or attack sentence are made by a strong tank and frost, whithout that that will be hard.
so basiquement, the magic shield protect you from any kind of range melee damage spells that hit the shield, it doesn't work for skyfire that hit a zone on thr ground for exemple, 2nd thing ot keep in minde is the direction of the shield, when u shield in direction of the sky, it doesn't protect you for damage coming from the bottom of you, also the more dangerous thing that counter you is the mana drain from mage, they absorb all your mana very fast if you don't block it or stay in the spell too long, 1 answer for that: drink mana pots or hope a healer get a mana powder near you, so you will shield again.like i say the magic shield is very very important : u cover your whole team that are behind it from the wave hammer, tesla from the gunner, mine ect ...
the best thing to do to use the shield in a good way is to lower your graphic game to 1990, this way u see perfectly the limit of your shield, once u know the limit u can change back the graphic.

range weapon :

you can use it to deal some damage while waiting sometimes, better be near a pillar of stamina from the sapper, this way u can continue to do it whithout looking your stamina decrease.
first, u can make appear an inquisitor that was invisible, for example, someone on the spot cap it, u see nothing and hitting in the space whithout touching him is annoying, generaly 1 hit with that make him appear.
2nd you can make people fall from some place they were and u can't go in, this spell make a little bump, usefull to make them fall in the water or trap ect ...
3rd u can also push a frost that was using a freeze faster than if u need time to get in range to push her with your body.
i let you think about all other possibility.

warrior fumes :

with this you will gain a lot of amount of power that will make you a dangerous weapon, u will hit people like hell and they will remember it.
this spells isn't that much use because it cost some CP and reduce your block, if you are a passive tank u won't use it after u get a good stuff.
as an agressive tank u kill faster building dwarf and be usefull at killing people instead or only counting on heavy class character to do the job.
don't know what to explain more about this spell, basiquely u gain more attack, that's all.

block master :

it's a passive spell so few words about it, each block, make u gain some stamina , faster u get hit, faster u gain your stamina back.
sometimes as a tank u will go on building dwarf and do some power attack and be out of stamina, just block near tesla and you will get it back very fast to deal new power attack again.
sometimes when you are out of stamina it's better to block if u see some melee range damage that will hit u fast so u will deal power attack instead of just left click. in resume u will deal better damage this way.

invulnerability :

this spell cost lot of CP so it's use few times in game, sometimes never.
using it have the advantage to make you able to keep the spot from beeing cap by the ennemy for 15 sec maximum.
u can also use it if u want to deal lot of damage freely to the ennemy team whithout looking you life or teammates.
if i remember correctly care about gunner's mine, they work on you like 1-2 other spells.

shield strike :

this spell is use a lot of time in game, it's cheap in CP and make you able to control many players that are trying to annoy you by ejecting them.
few exemple that this spell is use in game: on a frost witch trying to freeze, interupt important ennemy spells, give youself some breath if u are in difficulty by 2-3 melee ennemy.
if u have big masteries and are out of stamina i also use it on building sometimes to deal some damage to finish it.

battering ram :

this spell is use in combination with other class character like an instant freeze, a skyfire, the purpose of this is to control lot of people to take them out of the fight for some time, that benefict your team.

chain :

one of my favorite spell that makes people crying.
this spell got lot of use in game, u can grap people in range into our frost freeze, make them fall in the water or space to one shot them, u can also save a friend that was on the ground to be smashed by a berserk at the right moment.
it's very usefull too on maps that got a ball or box, u grap ennemy that got it and change the situation.

that's all i got in mind from the moment, i will update it later when i got time, it's kinda late now.
my english isn't perfect it's possible that u don't understand what i'm trying to explain properly, sry for that and enjoy.

8-)

tank cokeliko 20
heal lanonyme 20
frost cokelichnette 20
fire cocorico 20
sapper cokelaki 20
inqui cocolinette 20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

how to kill a game? ask panzar crew !

Last edited by cokeliko on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:35 am

Post Re: tank guide / gameplay / tips
Nice work !

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:41 am

Post Re: tank guide / gameplay / tips
I'm working on my tank now and this makes a lot of sense. Very good advice!

Yabo Berserker 20
Blok Tank 13

Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]