View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Tank mini guide 

Post Tank mini guide
Tank is one of core classes, essential in both defense and attack.
Strong sides:
Large amount of HP and strongest block in game make him hardest to kill.
Effective single-/multi-target disable skills.
Magic shield (more below).
Weak sides:
Small dps comparing to other melee classes
Some people find his gameplay boring. Everyone is busy killing stuff and you are just standing near, holding the shield. It's not really true, but if you are not ready for this: you'd better look for another class.

Name of the class may confuse some players with MMO RPG past, but he's not damage absorber, he can kill. In fact he can kill anyone in duel, but killing poor little things is not his main task.
So three main tactical skills:
Magic Shield. Yes, this starter skill will be your main skill right up to 30 lvl. It blocks all range (except Heavenly Flame where is my Sky Fire, Ariorh?, it just explodes on shield's surface and works as usually) and even melee attacks (but it's not easy even for an experienced player, so nobody expects you to do it). Holding shield doesn't give a lot of Class Points or experience and is not much fun either, but it saves the day.
I repeat front side of the shield blocks all attacks, including attacks of your allies. Back side however blocks nothing.
Mad skilz in case I'm not clear enough.
Previous feature leads to simple (yet a lot of new players fail at understanding of this) trick. Freeze assist, when there are two Ice Witches trying to freeze each other (and everyone around them) you can simply cover friendly Ice Witch with magic shield and help her to freeze enemy Witch (and save your frozen teammates as well).
Another piece of my art.
Schematic. Actual froze field is larger comparing to the shield.
Shield Strike. Great single target disabler. One of the things which give you dominance in duels. Just lmb enemies until they use Power Attack (smart run away though). If that's Berserker: use Shield Strike right after blocking his PA and he won't be able to block it (until he has a lot of Rage stacks or Paladin with Speed Powder nearby, but these are high levels). If that's everyone else: use Shield simultaneously with their PA, with your Health you can afford it. It's also good for skill interrupting (Freeze, Vortex, Resurrection and so on).
Battering Ram. Multi-target disable skill. Can be fatal for enemy team in combination with Freeze, Vortex, Heavenly Flame or simple rush. Just make sure there is no Inquisitor or Steam Hummer around, which may interrupt you. And of course your teammates must be near to make use of it. And even if there are... it's not a guaranty that they'll do anything, that's a problem of public games, so be ready for it.

Information about other skills you'll find in game and here. Just remember that Invulnerability protects you from everything but Chain, Gravity Mine and Fetters.
P.s. Tank doesn't have normal active skills until level 10, quite boring. I warned you.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Post Re: Tank mini guide
Good guidance.

Magic shield also protect from Steam Hummer.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:51 am

great guide. i didnt think of using the shield to block ice witches. mind=blown

Thu May 09, 2013 7:34 pm

oh my god finding out that the magic shield blocks ice witches is suck a masive help, cant thank you enough for this guide ^^

Thu May 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Remorr wrote:
In fact he can kill anyone in duel, but killing poor little things is not his main task.

I was actually playing last night and was going 2 on 1 with 2 inquisitors. They both potted (one twice for health) ... manged to kill one and then almost the other but the game ended. One thing that you can note about standing on the PoC (point of contention) is that it helps to scroll all the way out and look top down when you're surrounded. It helps to see everyone and when they're swinging. If you can get good at blocking the majority of hits with timing you can survive long enough to get some help.

suzzaku wrote:
oh my god finding out that the magic shield blocks ice witches is suck a masive help, cant thank you enough for this guide ^^

beware of an ice witch and a zerk working together. Its a lose situation. Either you block the zerk and get frozen or you block the freeze and get knocked out. This is however one of the main things i tell other tanks to do. The shield is useful for oh so many things. Utilizing it wisely can mean your team is saved. Take the high lob of the sister of fires skulls. just make a canopy by aiming up.

Thu May 09, 2013 11:26 pm

HI! I've got a problem with placing the shield properly. How does it work? When I stay in a circle of ice I'm slowed no matter if I use or not a shield. Is this only about not being frozen? I mean what advantages do you have from using a shield against her skill?

Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 am

Fray wrote:
HI! I've got a problem with placing the shield properly. How does it work? When I stay in a circle of ice I'm slowed no matter if I use or not a shield. Is this only about not being frozen? I mean what advantages do you have from using a shield against her skill?

This may sound like a stupid question but are you using your physical shield or you rmagic shield?

If you're using your magic shield you have to be far enough away from the witch so that she's on the other side of the blue force field that is the magic shield. Always keep an eye on ice witches. if you see one get the jump on start back pedaling till you're at a point where you can put up your magic shield.

Wed May 29, 2013 4:56 pm

:O You made my evening with these shields :) I've been talking about magical shield of course. is there a way to avoid a slow effect with magical shield on? Because if i stay inside of this white circle around the witch i still have enough space to place shield between me and witch but I'm frozen anyway :)

Wed May 29, 2013 9:15 pm

you will most likely always take a little bit of freeze. If you're not quick enough with your magic shield you might even get a full freeze before it gets up.

http://youtu.be/a_GBoylEJNM?t=6m46s
is an example of getting a little bit frozen and then putting up the shield. You'll also notice a zerk starts to freeze a bit when it goes past the shield to get the killing blow on the frost witch.

Hope that solves it for you. Its all about timing and positioning.

Thu May 30, 2013 6:13 am

Me have a question

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next