View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Tank mini guide 

Post Re: Tank mini guide
I think it would be good to know that as well as if you move the shield further in does it block a cone area behind it as well. Such as the actual AOE is coming from the middle out.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:05 pm

I've been playing a tank quite a lot, just up to level 7 and getting absolutely destroyed at the moment! :(

The tip about the magic shield really helped me! So, thanks for that!

Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:18 am

Knublet wrote:
I've been playing a tank quite a lot, just up to level 7

:lol:
Keep going, you will really enjoy your class at level 20 imo.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:21 am

Enemy healer cant heal through your shield.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:15 am

Alligator Blood wrote:
Me have a question

I don't think so since Skyfire's damage comes from the ground and the magic shield can't protect if it's coming from below. I could be wrong, of course but i tried it once and it didn't work.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:41 pm

Very helpful indeed, but why haven't you mentioned anything about the hook? It's very handy for dispositioning ranged targets like SoFs and reeling in those pesky always-running paladins. Not to mention its importance on maps like Sandstorm temple or Toxic bay...totally game-changing.

I would like to add something about dealing with frost witches. I didn't know you could block their freeze and i will be using this info from now on but another great way to deal with them is with Shield strike. Keep an eye on them and when they come close immediately knock them on the ground. Or hook them and knock them on the ground.They will either die almost isnatntly or be left with too low HP to successfully freeze anything. Just a thought, hope it helps.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:48 pm

So, I don't think you can actually block Ice witches anymore? I have tried every angle, it never seems to work.

http://www.madcastgaming.com/

MadCast Tarrington

Tarrington-Tank Level 20

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:52 am

about ice witch as a tank, u can block normal attack like any class, if u speak about the frost zone, u can block it from a certain range by your magic shield only, this way u can shield the closest one the the ice witch range and a teammate can hit her without taking a single stack of ice. in fact that doesn't interupt it, u'll get some cc that can do it since lvl 10 but u'll get some stack of frost on you ^^

to learn the perfect range of the magic shield u can play in the lowest graphic to see it.

gl.

tank cokeliko 20
heal lanonyme 20
frost cokelichnette 20
fire cocorico 20
sapper cokelaki 20
inqui cocolinette 20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

how to kill a game? ask panzar crew !

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:08 am

Yeah the tips about Magic Shield and Ice Witches was a game changer for me. Not only stopped me getting frozen but I love keeping our Berkserkers within my shield so they can AP the annoying popsicles. Magic Shield is my go to as a tank, I pretty much focus solely on cap points and switching magic shield and block you can take so much damage whilst helping your team control the game.

There is a lot of talk on the forums about Berserkers being op etc so think I should post something on how to tank them as they are actually pretty simple.

Zerks are slow and their PA is very telegraphed. I ALWAYS start 100% blocking Zerks until they make the first move, you should then counter each swing with the same type, so if they do a normal swing you block and straight away counter, if they do a PA, wait for block and then immediately counter with a PA. They will be doing minimal damage, whilst you should be doing pretty much full. Once you have landed a couple of PA's, I like to get another one primed and use shield strike to put him on his back and the final PA to finish him off whilst he is lying on his back. Something very satisfying about finishing a zerk this way.

Gunnar - Gat Ling 20

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:29 pm

I think some ppl can have problems with not approaching to close the frostwitch as i've heard from someone that they cannot actually see the shield, it sounded like it was dependent on quality of graphics. I wish it gave some support points though, and as far as i experienced the issue, it doesnt.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2