View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Paladin healing: The very basics 

Post Paladin healing: The very basics
Paladin healing can be a confusing experience for newcomers; the mechanics of healing are quite unique, and as such getting started can be tricky. Here are few tips to get started:

1) Panzar has no health bars
Unlike in many other games, characters do not carry with them a health bar. Figuring out what state your friends and enemies are in is important part of reading the fight. However, there are some exceptions. When the paladin selects his Heal-ability, he will see an overlay on all of his teammates in range of his heal. These characters will light up according to their health, starting from Blue at full health, going to green to yellow to red as they get damaged more:
In the image above, the team is doing pretty good. No character is critical (red) and no one is in imminent danger. Heal all of them in order of your preference with normal Heal to gather some class points.

To heal, aim your screen at your teammate and hold down left mouse button. After a while you'll see the color changing as the hit points rise. Once you learn Restoration-ability, you can also use your right mouse button for a more powerful and mana-consuming heal.
Note that when you sprint, your heal mode goes inactive, and with that, the status layout as well. After sprint finishes, you can again see the character's health colors normally.

2) Gaining experience
Paladins gain their experience mostly in the form of Support points. Whenever you heal someone who gains points himself, you also gain points for supporting him. E.g. running after and healing a Berserker who beats his way through the enemy team is a very efficient way of getting points. Note however, that healing characters who do not gain points themselves by damaging or killing the enemy players will not earn you any points. This is still beneficial to the team, but focus should be on supporting the characters that are in the toughest fights.

3) Self-healing (Healing Power)
The tooltips for Heal and Restoration mention they also heal the Paladin. However, this is a bit unclear, as by default, the do not heal the Paladin himself. Instead, the tooltip refers to the amount healed when another ability, Healing Powder, is active. Healing Powder is an important ability to learn early on, as it not only heals everyone nearby constantly when it's active, it also allows Paladin to gain health himself from his heals.

Hopefully this clarifies the very basics of Paladin healing. Now, let's get some more Paladins to the field, while weak by themselves, they are invaluable in teamplay!

Follow Panzar at Facebook and on Twitter for real-time updates and notices!
Subscribe to our Youtube-channel for the latest videos!

Mon May 13, 2013 11:24 am

Post Re: Paladin healing: The very basics
I really enjoy the healing system in this game, it's tremendously immersive, and so for (rank 5) it is a really effective hybrid, and a necessity in every group for the obvious reasons.

Thu May 23, 2013 10:19 pm

If an ice-witch uses her "I-freeze-the-fuck-out-of-a-whole-group-skill", I could use purification. I have a few questions about it:

1) Does purification spell do a 15 meter radius around my figure, or a 15 meter radius around the point where I'm aiming? And if its only around me, how big is the radius in game (I wanna know how near I have to get close to the ice-radius to purifie my mates in the ice-wave)
2) Does purification prevent re-icing as long as the witch keeps up the spell? Or does it have an time limit? Or do they get instantly re-iced again?
3) If they have a ice-resistens: Do they get re-iced if another witch casts the same spell?

And another question:

Can I use Manapowder and Healing Powder at the same time, or is it only possible to have 1 active at the same time?

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:24 am

1)Angle, ~45° in front of you. You can easily defrost your mates and stay outside the range of the IW spell.
2)It does not prevent anything or give any kind of immune.

You can use the 3 powder at the same time.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:36 pm

HohesHaus wrote:
2) Does purification prevent re-icing as long as the witch keeps up the spell? Or does it have an time limit? Or do they get instantly re-iced again?

Just wanna add something to what Tephis said : If the forst isn't done, she will re-frost your team. But purifing them will give a chance to interupt (kick/traps/..).
Just make you tell your friend when you are about to cleanse so they can get ready.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Then it sounds a little bit weak. 25 Skill points for a defrosting AFTER the Witch has stopped casting, and a Witch can cast this very long so my team was utterly crushed, till I can get my use my purification. Makes no sense to me.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:00 am

This is just the most powerfull skill of the Paladin. :/
If your teammate begin to hit the IW before he freeze you can use Puri and let him finish his move and kill/cc the IW. Otherwise, Puri remove ALL debuff on the target. This is just amazing.

PS : The scariest thing about the IW is not her main skill but her curse.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:54 am

I have a question about the paladin's powders(or incences if that's what they are called) :

Do the buffs remain active if they have time left after my death?

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:38 pm

As you're the source of the buffs i think they dont survive your death :)

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:57 pm

Vik the tank wrote:
I have a question about the paladin's powders(or incences if that's what they are called) :

Do the buffs remain active if they have time left after my death?

Yes they are active till you respawn.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next